Re: BONUS:VAR| ... |CLASSLEVEL problem

  • gsbingl
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
      I've made a change so that if you use {} instead of () it will work.

      Unless the INT bonus stacks for Bard and Monte's bard this entry
      would probably be better (you'll need to change PHB bard as well)

      SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
      DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|.IF.INT.GT.0.THEN.INT.ELSE.0
      BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard {Monte Cook's}

      > You might want to put a .IF.CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0
      > conditional in here too

      oops, I meant .IF.INT.

      Byngl

      > --- In pcgen@y..., Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
      > > Hi everyone,
      > >
      > > I'm trying to fix the Monte Cook's Bard so that it gets the
      Bardic
      > knowledge skill based on its level and inteligence just like the
      PHB
      > Bard. I've add the following to the first level of the MC Bard:
      > >
      > > SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
      > > DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|0
      > > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard (Monte Cook's)
      > > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|INT
      > >
      > > (all on the same line naturally, see eldritch2classes.lst for the
      > real deal).
      > >
      > > My problem is that the level is never counted. I tryed to put
      > "CLASSLEVEL=Bard" instead but it still doesn't work.
      > >
      > > Is this a bug or is there something I can do to make the
      CLASSLEVEL
      > work? I've uploaded the modified eldritch2classes.lst to
      SourceForge
      > if anyone wants to have a look.
      > >
      > > TIA

      > > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      > > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
    • Eric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
        At 23:39 2002.04.01, gsbingl wrote:
        I've made a change so that if you use {} instead of () it will work.

        Unless the INT bonus stacks for Bard and Monte's bard this entry
        would probably be better (you'll need to change PHB bard as well)

        SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
        DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|.IF.INT.GT.0.THEN.INT.ELSE.0
        BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard {Monte Cook's}

        > You might want to put a .IF.CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0
        > conditional in here too

        oops, I meant .IF.INT.

        Byngl

        Thanks for the quick fix.

        The INT thing raise a good question. The BOEM2 says "A bard may make a special bardic knowledge check with a bonus equal to her level plus her Intelligence modifier [...]". My take on this is that it states "modifier" and not "bonus" so negative modifier apply. What do you guys think?

        Best

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
          Maybe:

          BONUS:VAR|Bardic
          knowledge|.IF.INT+CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0.THEN.INT+CLASSLEVEL=xxx.ELSE.0

          since "with a bonus equal to..." is stated

        • john.sussenberger@libertymutual.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3, 2002
            Message
            Yes,  modifier can be a negative number and should be a penalty to the roll if the attribute is below 10.

            John Sussenberger