Re: BONUS:VAR| ... |CLASSLEVEL problem

  • gsbingl
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
      It's the parenthesis messing you up. It is looking for levels of
      Bard. Do you want me to look at fixing the code or do you want to
      handle it?

      Byngl

      --- In pcgen@y..., Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I'm trying to fix the Monte Cook's Bard so that it gets the Bardic
      knowledge skill based on its level and inteligence just like the PHB
      Bard. I've add the following to the first level of the MC Bard:

      > SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
      > DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|0
      > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard (Monte Cook's)
      > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|INT
      >
      > (all on the same line naturally, see eldritch2classes.lst for the
      real deal).

      > My problem is that the level is never counted. I tryed to put
      "CLASSLEVEL=Bard" instead but it still doesn't work.

      > Is this a bug or is there something I can do to make the CLASSLEVEL
      work? I've uploaded the modified eldritch2classes.lst to SourceForge
      if anyone wants to have a look.

      > TIA

      > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      > >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
      > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
    • Eric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
        I tryed replacing "BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard (Monte Cook's)" by "BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CL" but it doesn't work eigther. I still only get the bonus for INT.

        "BONUS:VAR|Bardic Knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard" is what is used with the PHB Bard, and it works.

        Any other clue?

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
          You might want to put a .IF.CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0
          conditional in here too

          Byngl

          --- In pcgen@y..., Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I'm trying to fix the Monte Cook's Bard so that it gets the Bardic
          knowledge skill based on its level and inteligence just like the PHB
          Bard. I've add the following to the first level of the MC Bard:

          > SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
          > DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|0
          > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard (Monte Cook's)
          > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|INT
          >
          > (all on the same line naturally, see eldritch2classes.lst for the
          real deal).

          > My problem is that the level is never counted. I tryed to put
          "CLASSLEVEL=Bard" instead but it still doesn't work.

          > Is this a bug or is there something I can do to make the CLASSLEVEL
          work? I've uploaded the modified eldritch2classes.lst to SourceForge
          if anyone wants to have a look.

          > TIA

          > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
          > >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
          > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
        • Eric Beaudoin
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
            At 22:51 2002.04.01, gsbingl wrote:
            >It's the parenthesis messing you up. It is looking for levels of
            >Bard. Do you want me to look at fixing the code or do you want to
            >handle it?
            >
            >Byngl

            My hability to code Java is pretty at the same level as my hability to fly. I've been trying to miss the Earth for years without success :-).

            If you can fix this, I would appreciate it.

            Thanks

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
              I've made a change so that if you use {} instead of () it will work.

              Unless the INT bonus stacks for Bard and Monte's bard this entry
              would probably be better (you'll need to change PHB bard as well)

              SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
              DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|.IF.INT.GT.0.THEN.INT.ELSE.0
              BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard {Monte Cook's}

              > You might want to put a .IF.CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0
              > conditional in here too

              oops, I meant .IF.INT.

              Byngl

              > --- In pcgen@y..., Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
              > > Hi everyone,
              > >
              > > I'm trying to fix the Monte Cook's Bard so that it gets the
              Bardic
              > knowledge skill based on its level and inteligence just like the
              PHB
              > Bard. I've add the following to the first level of the MC Bard:
              > >
              > > SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
              > > DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|0
              > > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard (Monte Cook's)
              > > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|INT
              > >
              > > (all on the same line naturally, see eldritch2classes.lst for the
              > real deal).
              > >
              > > My problem is that the level is never counted. I tryed to put
              > "CLASSLEVEL=Bard" instead but it still doesn't work.
              > >
              > > Is this a bug or is there something I can do to make the
              CLASSLEVEL
              > work? I've uploaded the modified eldritch2classes.lst to
              SourceForge
              > if anyone wants to have a look.
              > >
              > > TIA

              > > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
              > > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
            • Eric Beaudoin
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
                At 23:39 2002.04.01, gsbingl wrote:
                I've made a change so that if you use {} instead of () it will work.

                Unless the INT bonus stacks for Bard and Monte's bard this entry
                would probably be better (you'll need to change PHB bard as well)

                SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
                DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|.IF.INT.GT.0.THEN.INT.ELSE.0
                BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard {Monte Cook's}

                > You might want to put a .IF.CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0
                > conditional in here too

                oops, I meant .IF.INT.

                Byngl

                Thanks for the quick fix.

                The INT thing raise a good question. The BOEM2 says "A bard may make a special bardic knowledge check with a bonus equal to her level plus her Intelligence modifier [...]". My take on this is that it states "modifier" and not "bonus" so negative modifier apply. What do you guys think?

                Best

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
                  Maybe:

                  BONUS:VAR|Bardic
                  knowledge|.IF.INT+CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0.THEN.INT+CLASSLEVEL=xxx.ELSE.0

                  since "with a bonus equal to..." is stated

                • john.sussenberger@libertymutual.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 3, 2002
                    Message
                    Yes,  modifier can be a negative number and should be a penalty to the roll if the attribute is below 10.

                    John Sussenberger