Re: BONUS:VAR| ... |CLASSLEVEL problem

  • tirgwaith
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
      We're talking about class levels of a particular class inside the
      definition lines of that class? Why not just use CL, as in
      BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CL ?

      CL is the number of levels of the class defined. TL is total number
      of levels (not including monster levels), and TL-CL is the number of
      levels not from that particular class.

      I'm not sure what CLASSLEVEL=<something> is supposed to do. Never
      seen it before. Seen PRECLASS:<something>=<level> where if it has
      <level> or more levels of class <something> it applies.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      --- In pcgen@y..., Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I'm trying to fix the Monte Cook's Bard so that it gets the Bardic
      knowledge skill based on its level and inteligence just like the PHB
      Bard. I've add the following to the first level of the MC Bard:

      > SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
      > DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|0
      > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard (Monte Cook's)
      > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|INT
      >
      > (all on the same line naturally, see eldritch2classes.lst for the
      real deal).

      > My problem is that the level is never counted. I tryed to
      put "CLASSLEVEL=Bard" instead but it still doesn't work.

      > Is this a bug or is there something I can do to make the CLASSLEVEL
      work? I've uploaded the modified eldritch2classes.lst to SourceForge
      if anyone wants to have a look.

      > TIA

      > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      > >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
      > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
    • gsbingl
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
        It's the parenthesis messing you up. It is looking for levels of
        Bard. Do you want me to look at fixing the code or do you want to
        handle it?

        Byngl

        --- In pcgen@y..., Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I'm trying to fix the Monte Cook's Bard so that it gets the Bardic
        knowledge skill based on its level and inteligence just like the PHB
        Bard. I've add the following to the first level of the MC Bard:

        > SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
        > DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|0
        > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard (Monte Cook's)
        > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|INT
        >
        > (all on the same line naturally, see eldritch2classes.lst for the
        real deal).

        > My problem is that the level is never counted. I tryed to put
        "CLASSLEVEL=Bard" instead but it still doesn't work.

        > Is this a bug or is there something I can do to make the CLASSLEVEL
        work? I've uploaded the modified eldritch2classes.lst to SourceForge
        if anyone wants to have a look.

        > TIA

        > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        > >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
        > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
      • Eric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
          I tryed replacing "BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard (Monte Cook's)" by "BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CL" but it doesn't work eigther. I still only get the bonus for INT.

          "BONUS:VAR|Bardic Knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard" is what is used with the PHB Bard, and it works.

          Any other clue?

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
            You might want to put a .IF.CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0
            conditional in here too

            Byngl

            --- In pcgen@y..., Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > I'm trying to fix the Monte Cook's Bard so that it gets the Bardic
            knowledge skill based on its level and inteligence just like the PHB
            Bard. I've add the following to the first level of the MC Bard:

            > SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
            > DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|0
            > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard (Monte Cook's)
            > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|INT
            >
            > (all on the same line naturally, see eldritch2classes.lst for the
            real deal).

            > My problem is that the level is never counted. I tryed to put
            "CLASSLEVEL=Bard" instead but it still doesn't work.

            > Is this a bug or is there something I can do to make the CLASSLEVEL
            work? I've uploaded the modified eldritch2classes.lst to SourceForge
            if anyone wants to have a look.

            > TIA

            > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
            > >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
            > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
          • Eric Beaudoin
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
              At 22:51 2002.04.01, gsbingl wrote:
              >It's the parenthesis messing you up. It is looking for levels of
              >Bard. Do you want me to look at fixing the code or do you want to
              >handle it?
              >
              >Byngl

              My hability to code Java is pretty at the same level as my hability to fly. I've been trying to miss the Earth for years without success :-).

              If you can fix this, I would appreciate it.

              Thanks

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2002
                I've made a change so that if you use {} instead of () it will work.

                Unless the INT bonus stacks for Bard and Monte's bard this entry
                would probably be better (you'll need to change PHB bard as well)

                SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
                DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|.IF.INT.GT.0.THEN.INT.ELSE.0
                BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard {Monte Cook's}

                > You might want to put a .IF.CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0
                > conditional in here too

                oops, I meant .IF.INT.

                Byngl

                > --- In pcgen@y..., Eric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
                > > Hi everyone,
                > >
                > > I'm trying to fix the Monte Cook's Bard so that it gets the
                Bardic
                > knowledge skill based on its level and inteligence just like the
                PHB
                > Bard. I've add the following to the first level of the MC Bard:
                > >
                > > SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
                > > DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|0
                > > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard (Monte Cook's)
                > > BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|INT
                > >
                > > (all on the same line naturally, see eldritch2classes.lst for the
                > real deal).
                > >
                > > My problem is that the level is never counted. I tryed to put
                > "CLASSLEVEL=Bard" instead but it still doesn't work.
                > >
                > > Is this a bug or is there something I can do to make the
                CLASSLEVEL
                > work? I've uploaded the modified eldritch2classes.lst to
                SourceForge
                > if anyone wants to have a look.
                > >
                > > TIA

                > > Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
                > > <mailto:beaudoer@v...>
              • Eric Beaudoin
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
                  At 23:39 2002.04.01, gsbingl wrote:
                  I've made a change so that if you use {} instead of () it will work.

                  Unless the INT bonus stacks for Bard and Monte's bard this entry
                  would probably be better (you'll need to change PHB bard as well)

                  SA:Bardic knowledge (+%)|Bardic knowledge
                  DEFINE:Bardic knowledge|.IF.INT.GT.0.THEN.INT.ELSE.0
                  BONUS:VAR|Bardic knowledge|CLASSLEVEL=Bard {Monte Cook's}

                  > You might want to put a .IF.CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0
                  > conditional in here too

                  oops, I meant .IF.INT.

                  Byngl

                  Thanks for the quick fix.

                  The INT thing raise a good question. The BOEM2 says "A bard may make a special bardic knowledge check with a bonus equal to her level plus her Intelligence modifier [...]". My take on this is that it states "modifier" and not "bonus" so negative modifier apply. What do you guys think?

                  Best

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2002
                    Maybe:

                    BONUS:VAR|Bardic
                    knowledge|.IF.INT+CLASSLEVEL=xxx.GT.0.THEN.INT+CLASSLEVEL=xxx.ELSE.0

                    since "with a bonus equal to..." is stated

                    Byngl

                  • john.sussenberger@libertymutual.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 3, 2002
                      Message
                      Yes,  modifier can be a negative number and should be a penalty to the roll if the attribute is below 10.

                      John Sussenberger