Re: [psheets] Syntax question

  • ratbearer
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 5:00 PM
      I tried it but no go.

      I've gotten this notion that the only valid pipe token in the party
      sheets is FOR. With your suggestion or any of the other variations I
      tried, the export seems to strip away all pipes, return string in
      between the pipes (e.g. \\%.SKILL.Open Lock.RANK\\ is not evaluated
      if set up in the IIF statement) and then seems to break out any FOR
      loops. I also tried using the second IIF variation:

      |IIF(\\%.SKILL.Open Lock.RANK\\.EQ.0)|'na'|ELSE|\\%.SKILL.Open
      Lock.TOTAL\\|ENDIF|

      and what appeared on the party sheet (a slight variation of
      psheetARC.htm) was

      IIF(\\%.SKILL.Open Lock.RANK\\.EQ.0)ELSEENDIF

      I tried this without the \\'s and the only difference was a lack of
      \\'s on the party sheet)

      With the miniscule bit of java/programming knowledge I have, I took a
      look at the code for the party export (Party.java), compared it to
      the character export (PlayerCharacter.java) and it looked like the
      only entry it checked for after a pipe was FOR. To test that out, I
      tried using the |VAR| token and got the same results (it stripped the
      pipes and returned whatever was in between).

      Am I right in thinking the party sheets are not as robust as the
      player sheets? Or is it simply a matter of me being naive and not
      using the right syntax?

      Thanks again.

      ratbearer

      p.s. would there be a better board/forum to post to for these types
      of questions or is this the appropriate one?

      --- In pcgen@y..., "gsbingl" <byngl@h...> wrote:
      > Have you tried:
      > |OIF(%.SKILL.Open Lock.RANK.EQ.0,'na',%.SKILL.Open Lock.TOTAL)|
      >
      > Byngl
      >
      > --- In pcgen@y..., "ratbearer" <ratbearer@m...> wrote:
      > > I am trying to have my psheet display "na" for Trained Only
      skills
      > > with no ranks or their total score if they do have ranks. The
      > latest
      > > attempt to code this looks like:
      > >
      > > |IIF(%.SKILL.Open Lock.RANK.EQ.0,'na',%.SKILL.Open Lock.TOTAL)|
      > >
      > > I've tried various ways of representing this but haven't had any
      > luck
      > > as yet. Any help would be appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >

      > > ratbearer
    • jaymecox
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 11:35 AM
        --- In pcgen@y..., "ratbearer" <ratbearer@m...> wrote:

        > between the pipes (e.g. \\%.SKILL.Open Lock.RANK\\ is not evaluated
        > if set up in the IIF statement) and then seems to break out any FOR
        > loops. I also tried using the second IIF variation:
        >
        > |IIF(\\%.SKILL.Open Lock.RANK\\.EQ.0)|'na'|ELSE|\\%.SKILL.Open
        > Lock.TOTAL\\|ENDIF|

        The IIF notation must be on seperate lines:
        |IIF(%var.SKILL.Open Lock.RANK.EQ.0)|
        'na'
        |ELSE|
        %var.SKILL.Open Lock.TOTAL
        |ENDIF|

        But, there are only five things the IIF notation supports right now:
        HASFEAT:
        HASVAR:
        HASEQUIP:
        EVEN:
        SKILLx.UNTRAINED:

        IIF (and OIF) do not currently support the IF.ELSE or EQ,NEQ notation

        There are some examples of the correct |IIF and |FOR loops in the Files->Alternate Charactersheets->csheet-MP.zip