Re: [pcgen] Re: Java help needed

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 1, 2002
      Cynthia Armistead wrote:

      > At 06:26 PM 4/1/02 -0600, Lord Damian wrote:
      >
      >>more ram and don't run anything else. that's about it. if you can assign
      >>priorities, assing PCGen Resource priority.
      >>

      > It still runs like a pig on a machine with 196MB of RAM and nothing else
      > running :-) We just accept that it's going to be that way.

      Well, depends on what you mean by "runs like a pig". I've got 394MB and
      it fairly humms along. I've got 32MB on my laptop and I usually go for
      coffee when loading many lst files or exporting to PDF or whatever. But
      that's half because I'm running ME on the godforsaken thing; it doesn't
      have enough RAM for system functions, let alone a Java DB app.
      --
      "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
      oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 2, 2002