Java help needed

  • j_d_ray
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 1, 2002
      Sorry if this is another of those, "Duh!" questions, but...

      My machine has Windows XP, the Microsoft JVM for XP, and Visual
      Studio .NET installed (I develop in VB, not Java). One would think
      that with all this nifty software in place, I could run a Java
      application without installing yet another runtime environment (Sun
      Java). So, how do I get PCGen to run? I can't find a Java console
      anywhere on my system. Do I need one?

      I know the PCGen shortcut calls the Java interpreter, passes it a
      couple of arguments, and goes. But what if your interpreter isn't
      named "java"? What if you don't know what the name of the thing is?

      You ask for help, that's what. I'm sorry to say that what I know
      about Java fits in here > < with a little room to spare.

      Many thanks.

      JD
    • Dustin Cook
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 2, 2002