Outsiders

  • loyalparsons
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      With the recent posting of the Monster Manual errata
      http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/er/er20020331a
      the Outsider type was changed. My personal campaign includes lots of
      Githyanki and Githzerai, so this stood out to me immediately. Since
      the Manual of the Planes Monsters Chapter (9), says "Detailed
      explanations of special attacks and special qualities are in the
      Introduction of the Monster Manual," this looks like it will
      definitely be affecting not only the Monster Manual entries, but also
      several of the supplemental books.

      As far as the Gith..., who is currently handling the
      manualplanesraces.lst?
    • tirgwaith
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        Thanks for the notice on the Errata. I'll go over the MM races for
        sure. I did the original entries for the Giths and a lot of other
        MotP races, and a special point was made to them not having specific
        mention of Weapon Profs.

        Since I'm wrapped up in the MM dragons for the next week (For those
        of you watching, I've gotten through Bronze to output to templates
        mostly correctly, and testing round 2 is doing ok. - shooting for
        Wed's release for Dragons.) I'll see If I can't get them out for the
        April 10 Release, along with all the Outsiders in the MM.

        Thinking: VFEAT:Simple Weapon Proficiency VFEAT:Martial Weapon
        Proficiency|PRESTAT:INT=6 And will that cover all Martial Weapon
        Profs?

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        --- In pcgen@y..., "loyalparsons" <loyalp@c...> wrote:
        > With the recent posting of the Monster Manual errata
        > http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/er/er20020331a
        > the Outsider type was changed. My personal campaign includes lots
        of
        > Githyanki and Githzerai, so this stood out to me immediately.
        Since
        > the Manual of the Planes Monsters Chapter (9), says "Detailed
        > explanations of special attacks and special qualities are in the
        > Introduction of the Monster Manual," this looks like it will
        > definitely be affecting not only the Monster Manual entries, but
        also
        > several of the supplemental books.
        >
        > As far as the Gith..., who is currently handling the
        > manualplanesraces.lst?
      • Brass Tilde
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
          In addition to being automatically opted in for all the marketing crap, I
          also found that my preferences for the group had been changed to convert all
          of the messages to HTML, rather than leaving them alone. Just something you
          might want to check.
        • tirgwaith
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
            Is it possible that this was an honest glitch? like everyone's
            definition files got overwritten because someone forgot to localize a
            customization for new members (defaults) or anything?

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@i...> wrote:
            > In addition to being automatically opted in for all the marketing
            crap, I
            > also found that my preferences for the group had been changed to
            convert all
            > of the messages to HTML, rather than leaving them alone. Just
            something you
            > might want to check.
          • STILES, BRAD
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2002
              > --- In pcgen@y..., "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@i...> wrote:
              > > also found that my preferences for the group had been changed to
              > > convert all of the messages to HTML, rather than leaving them
              > > alone. Just something you might want to check.

              > From: tirgwaith
              >
              > Is it possible that this was an honest glitch? like everyone's
              > definition files got overwritten because someone forgot to localize a
              > customization for new members (defaults) or anything?

              Might be, but given Yahoo's previous actions in this regard, I would not
              assume that changing a setting that allows them to more easily place ads in
              my mail to be an accident. HTML ads means they can load URLs in your mail
              that point to somebody else's web site. Those URLs can include such things
              as your e-mail addresss.

              Brad