Re: Armor as DR

  • phoenix_knightwind
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
      Which Dungeon?

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Bill Olander" <groups@d...> wrote:
      > Seems like an aweful lot of work for figuring out something you
      could pick
      > up by dropping $6 on a Dungeon magazine..
      >
      > Well, except for the base defense bonus, with which I'd use Wheel
      of Time as
      > a guideline..including a few good fighter mods.
      > -Bill

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • George Galang
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
        > > Seems like an aweful lot of work for figuring out something you
        > could pick
        > > up by dropping $6 on a Dungeon magazine..
        > >
        > > Well, except for the base defense bonus, with which I'd use Wheel
        > of Time as
        > > a guideline..including a few good fighter mods.
        > > -Bill

        My question would be has someone modified the D&D section of stuff to
        use Armor as DR and the Wheel of Time Defensive Bonus already? I have
        tried to override the classes, with no luck, to include the Defensive
        Bonus for the Core D&D rules. Has someone else done this and have
        examples or the .lst files that they can share?

        --
        George Galang
        LJ (http://www.livejournal.com/users/galangg)
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
          Well, technically it was the Polyhedron on the back.. but it was the
          Polyhedron that had the preview game for D20 modern.. the Shadow Chasers
          game (Aka. Buffy with the serial number filed off) It had the wound/Vitality
          system and Armor provided DR to wound points only equal to 1/2 of its
          standard AC bonus. There were 6 core classes, each devoted to a different
          attribute ("Strong Hero", "Fast Hero", "Smart Hero") and the fancy stuff was
          handled through prestige classes.

          If you were just talking about PCGen write ups then I'm sorry if I spoke
          before thinking.. it's been a long day.
          -Bill

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2002
            On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Bill Olander wrote:

            > Well, technically it was the Polyhedron on the back.. but it was the
            > Polyhedron that had the preview game for D20 modern.. the Shadow Chasers
            > game (Aka. Buffy with the serial number filed off) It had the wound/Vitality
            > system and Armor provided DR to wound points only equal to 1/2 of its
            > standard AC bonus. There were 6 core classes, each devoted to a different
            > attribute ("Strong Hero", "Fast Hero", "Smart Hero") and the fancy stuff was
            > handled through prestige classes.
            >
            > If you were just talking about PCGen write ups then I'm sorry if I spoke
            > before thinking.. it's been a long day.

            Yeah, PCGen writeups. :) It's okay. Does anyone else have PCGen
            writeups that would do the DR / Defensive Bonus concept?

            If I could do the overriding of classes, I would give it a whirl, but I
            can't get classes to override properly. If someone could give me an
            example of overriding, say, the fighter class with something, that would
            be of *GREAT* help.