Re: Problems unzipping 2.5.1

  • emperorfranz
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      A friend of mine sees this intermittently on ANY large zip files he
      downloads. We've narrowed it down to only a partial file being
      downloaded(i.e. the download stops early for some reason). If he
      retries enough times eventually it downloads 100%. We're pretty sure
      it has something to do with his PC setup or his ISP since I never see
      this problem. Check the file size and make sure it matches the size
      listed on the sourceforge site. You might also try a download manager
      like GetRight that lets you resume terminated downloads.

      Later,
      Hugo

      --- In pcgen@y..., "sorceress7070" <spare@j...> wrote:
      > I'm using WinZip 8.0. I'll try clearing the cache and also
      checking
      > update on WinZip. Thanks for the ideas.
    • Rogue the Bronze Firelizard
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, sorceress7070 wrote:

        > I'm using WinZip 8.0. I'll try clearing the cache and also checking
        > update on WinZip. Thanks for the ideas.

        have you checked the it downloaded properly?
        esple if your on dial up.

        --
        Rogue the Bronze Firelizard |http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/rogue/
        aka Gerald F Grenier, Jr |ICQ:12687301