Star Wars Tags

  • Michael Lusby
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 7:08 AM
      How does one go about creating tags for PCGen? In
      Star Wars, the amount of shots for each weapon can be
      sort of important, right now, there is no way to track
      this other than by hand? Would it be possible to have
      a tag added to the weapons list that included this?
      Call it Shots or something? I am not sure if you can
      just add one to the list and then export this info
      onto a character sheet. So I am not sure whether to
      post this yet as a Freq/Bug/Suggestion.

      Michael Lusby

      http://greetings.yahoo.com/
    • emperorfranz
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 7:56 AM
        There are actually several ways to approach this. Most of the weapons
        use a power pack. Depending on the weapon, the power pack may supply
        different quantity of shots. If I take a used power pack from one
        weapon and put it into another, the quantity may change. Of course
        I'm assuming the power pack is a standard interchangeable object. For
        a sufficiently advanced technological society, this is a reasonable
        assumption; after all, the Rx-Dx type droids assume alot of
        standardization exists on whatever they have to fix.
        So one way to implement this is to make weapons a container and make
        power packs a generic item that has differing quantities by the
        weapon when placed into the container.
        Another way is to make different flavors of power packs for the
        different weapons and limit the type of power pack to certain weapons.
        The rulebook also suggests just rolling a D20 after each shot and on
        a one you run out(just 5% to avoid the bookkeeping). The current
        implementation in pcgen supports this method, technically.
        If anyone can suggest what might be easier/more difficult to
        implement. I can work on this if the solution involves list file
        editting. I'm not a code monkey so I would need help there.

        Later,
        Hugo