Problems unzipping 2.5.1

  • sorceress7070
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      Winzip can't seem to unzip pcgen251-part1of2 or pdf.zip although it
      worked just fine on pcgen251-part2of2. Go figure. I re-downloaded
      both and still get the same error message: "cannot open file: it
      does not appar to be a valid archive." Any ideas as to what might be
      the problem?
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        What version of Winzip are you using? I've kept using the same
        version of Winzip for every release, so I don't think the problem is
        on the pcgen zip file side. Maybe try getting a newer version of
        Winzip. Or maybe clear your browser's cache and then download again.
        Hopefully one of those ideas will help you out.

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "sorceress7070" <spare@j...> wrote:
        > Winzip can't seem to unzip pcgen251-part1of2 or pdf.zip although it
        > worked just fine on pcgen251-part2of2. Go figure. I re-downloaded
        > both and still get the same error message: "cannot open file: it
        > does not appar to be a valid archive." Any ideas as to what might
        be
        > the problem?
      • sorceress7070
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
          I'm using WinZip 8.0. I'll try clearing the cache and also checking
          update on WinZip. Thanks for the ideas.
        • emperorfranz
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
            A friend of mine sees this intermittently on ANY large zip files he
            downloads. We've narrowed it down to only a partial file being
            downloaded(i.e. the download stops early for some reason). If he
            retries enough times eventually it downloads 100%. We're pretty sure
            it has something to do with his PC setup or his ISP since I never see
            this problem. Check the file size and make sure it matches the size
            listed on the sourceforge site. You might also try a download manager
            like GetRight that lets you resume terminated downloads.

            Later,
            Hugo

            --- In pcgen@y..., "sorceress7070" <spare@j...> wrote:
            > I'm using WinZip 8.0. I'll try clearing the cache and also
            checking
            > update on WinZip. Thanks for the ideas.
          • Rogue the Bronze Firelizard
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
              On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, sorceress7070 wrote:

              > I'm using WinZip 8.0. I'll try clearing the cache and also checking
              > update on WinZip. Thanks for the ideas.

              have you checked the it downloaded properly?
              esple if your on dial up.

              --
              Rogue the Bronze Firelizard |http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/rogue/
              aka Gerald F Grenier, Jr |ICQ:12687301