List of tags in use with version 2.5.1

  • Eric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      Once again, I've upload the list of tags in use with Release 2.5.1.

      New tags seen this release (most of them existed already but where not
      used before):

               FileType                   Tag
               ========                   ===
               FEAT                        ADD:FAVOREDCLASS
               FEAT                        ADD:FORCEPOINT
               FEAT                        ADD:LIST
               FEAT                        ADD:SPECIAL
               FEAT                        ADD:WEAPONPROFS

      Tags that were removed from the list:

               FileType                   Tag                         Reason
               ========                   ===                         ======
               TEMPLATE                   NATURALARMOR               Deprecated

      The invalid tags listed here are the ones that I know are invalid.
      These are not -- by far -- the only invalid tags in the .lst files.

      For the next few releases, I will be working on the WEAPONAUTO tag
      that should be mostly replaced by FEATAUTO.

      I will also work on the invalid BONUS tags present in all the .lst
      files and the BONUS:COMBAT:AC|... TYPE=Natural that must all be changed since they are not supposed to stack.

      Best

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin

      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>

    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 30, 2002
        I'm just curious, is there a way to access files like this from somewhere else
        (like at the sourceforge page) or without a yahoo ID?

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 31, 2002
          I was not aware that you needed a Yahoo ID to download the files. For now, the Yahoo group is the only place where the file is availabled.

          I'll talk to Mynex and see if he finds it pertinent to have the files on PCGEN:DM. I could also see if it can be put on the web site but since it is of value more for the ppl designing the code and the .lst then for the public in general, I'm not sure the Web site is right this list. On the other hand, if ppl think it should be there, I see no problem to organised things for it to get posted on the site.

          Best

          At 00:33 2002.03.31, you wrote:
          I'm just curious, is there a way to access files like this from somewhere else
          (like at the sourceforge page) or without a yahoo ID?

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > Once again, I've upload the list of tags in use with Release 2.5.1.
          >
          > You can find it here
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen-xml/files/List%20of%20tags/List_of_tags_v251.txt>

          Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
          >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
          <mailto:beaudoer@...>

        • Jonathan M Thompson
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 31, 2002
            Heck I wasn't aware of version 2.5.1 being out yet....I just got the hang of 2.5.0. I am having a problem with 2.5.0 it wont let me load characters from earlier versions, tells me the source material is not available, and I used the core sourcematerial from PCGen (I have not added anything to it).

            Jonathan M. Thompson
            Battlefield Press Inc (http://www.battlefieldpress.com)
            jthompson@... / AIM - GreyLnsman / ICQ - 5790099
            Cityscape: City on the nexus of the Omniverse - available now for
            preorder. Details at www.battlefieldpress.com
            Home of 'Project Camelot' - stay tuned to the website for details.

            At 00:33 2002.03.31, you wrote:
            I'm just curious, is there a way to access files like this from somewhere else
            (like at the sourceforge page) or without a yahoo ID?

            > Hi everyone,
            >
            > Once again, I've upload the list of tags in use with Release 2.5.1.
            >
            > You can find it here
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen-xml/files/List%20of%20tags/List_of_tags_v251.txt>

          • Kent at home
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 31, 2002
              Many possibilities. If the character is old enough (around 2.47... You know,
              really old...) then the sources in the character file will have ampersands
              (&) which were removed as they conflict with PDF stuff (I think.) In many
              cases, if you simply make sure the appropriate sources are loaded first,
              then open the character the error messages won't make a difference. When you
              re-save the character it will know the new sources. Even then, there will be
              other errors as spelling changes will have made certain equipment
              unavailable. You'll have to repurchase and re-equip.

              It's also my experience that something will eventually go wrong with a
              character. (Cosmic Rays?) I try to keep several backup versions at all
              times. One bad load/save/hair day caused a wack o' stuff in my pcg file to
              end up equipped in one hand!!!

              If all else fails, as a last resort (don't want to wear people out), there
              are places to upload the offending character(s) on Yahoo where some nice
              person will take a look and help out. It also can be helpful if you can
              attach the text cut and pasted from your (Menu- |Debug|-|Console|)

              Kent

              preorder. Details at www.battlefieldpress.com

              At 00:33 2002.03.31, you wrote:

              I'm just curious, is there a way to access files like this from
              somewhere else
              (like at the sourceforge page) or without a yahoo ID?

              > Hi everyone,
              >
              > Once again, I've upload the list of tags in use with Release 2.5.1.
              >
              > You can find it here

              _v251.txt>
              Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
              >> In space, no one can hear you sleep...
              <mailto:beaudoer@...>

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Jonathan M Thompson
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 31, 2002
                I think the character is 2.4.5 but Im not sure, created it when I first
                downloaded PCGen and knew how to use it. I have been upgrading but wasn't
                able to actually look at a new version until 2.5.0 (time constraints). I
                will go back and try to load the sources first and then the character
                instead of just loading the character. That will probably do the trick. I
                don't want to upload a bug, unless Im sure its a bug and (if its a program
                problem) its something I cant fix myself .

                preorder. Details at www.battlefieldpress.com
                Home of 'Project Camelot' - stay tuned to the website for details.

                > Many possibilities. If the character is old enough (around 2.47... You
                know,
                > really old...) then the sources in the character file will have ampersands
                > (&) which were removed as they conflict with PDF stuff (I think.) In many
                > cases, if you simply make sure the appropriate sources are loaded first,
                > then open the character the error messages won't make a difference. When
                you
                > re-save the character it will know the new sources. Even then, there will
                be
                > other errors as spelling changes will have made certain equipment
                > unavailable. You'll have to repurchase and re-equip.
              • Keith Davies
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2002
                  On Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 09:56:11AM -0500, Eric Beaudoin wrote:
                  > I was not aware that you needed a Yahoo ID to download the files. For
                  >now, the Yahoo group is the only place where the file is availabled.
                  >
                  > I'll talk to Mynex and see if he finds it pertinent to have the files
                  >on PCGEN:DM. I could also see if it can be put on the web site but
                  >since it is of value more for the ppl designing the code and the .lst
                  >then for the public in general, I'm not sure the Web site is right this
                  >list. On the other hand, if ppl think it should be there, I see no
                  >problem to organised things for it to get posted on the site.
                  > At 00:33 2002.03.31, you wrote:
                  > >I'm just curious, is there a way to access files like this from somewhere else
                  > >(like at the sourceforge page) or without a yahoo ID?

                  I've loosened up the default permissions -- public can read files now.
                  I have to wonder, though... if you don't have a Yahoo ID, how are you
                  posting to the list?

                  Keith
                  --
                  Keith Davies
                  kjdavies@...

                  Evil High Priest: "Leave now, if you value your skins."
                  Garrick: "I'm all for it."
                • Kevin Brown
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1, 2002
                    Because you can subscribe to the list with any email address.

                    > > I was not aware that you needed a Yahoo ID to download the files. For
                    > >now, the Yahoo group is the only place where the file is availabled.
                    > >
                    > > I'll talk to Mynex and see if he finds it pertinent to have the files
                    > >on PCGEN:DM. I could also see if it can be put on the web site but
                    > >since it is of value more for the ppl designing the code and the .lst
                    > >then for the public in general, I'm not sure the Web site is right this
                    > >list. On the other hand, if ppl think it should be there, I see no
                    > >problem to organised things for it to get posted on the site.
                    > > At 00:33 2002.03.31, you wrote:
                    > > >I'm just curious, is there a way to access files like this from somewhere else
                    > > >(like at the sourceforge page) or without a yahoo ID?
                    > > >

                    > I've loosened up the default permissions -- public can read files now.
                    > I have to wonder, though... if you don't have a Yahoo ID, how are you
                    > posting to the list?
                    >
                    > Keith
                    > --
                    > Keith Davies
                    > kjdavies@...
                    >
                    > Evil High Priest: "Leave now, if you value your skins."
                    > Garrick: "I'm all for it."

                  • STILES, BRAD
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2, 2002

                      One doesn't need a yahoo id to join a yahoo group, at least not an open one
                      like this. One can subscribe by sending a blank e-mail to:
                      pcgen-subscribe@egroups.com

                      Brad