Re: Dragon Testers Wanted

  • tirgwaith
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2002
      Big question: What happen if a Half-Fiend Elf becomes a Lich, what
      Type would that make it? IMO it ought to become Undead only since it
      changed to that last, but others my disagree. I'm for Replace.

      The other issue is the PRERACE:TYPE= tags (and PRERACETYPE for
      Monster classes). With Replace they would be looking at the RACE
      flags, or the Template replacement?

      <Brain storm>

      Why not both, like the Vision tags in Templates?

      TYPE:1|Outsider (add to) or
      TYPE:2|Outsider (replace).

      Most would be Replace, but it would allow a method of doing
      Subtypes. Or is that a bit much? If it needs to be one or the
      other, make it Replace.

      </Brainstorm>

      If a Code-monkey's going to be messing with TYPE tags, can we get a
      SUBTYPEs (Fire/Holy/Air etc.) Ahh, that is prob. best left for later.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      > In the latest CVS code the Monster Classes causing a lockup when
      > exporting to the Wotc Statblock csheet has been corrected. It was
      > mentioned that it would be useful for some templates to override
      the
      > creature template... Right now if a race has a TYPE (like
      Humanoid)
      > and a template has a TYPE, which you get the creature type you'll
      get
      > a combination of the 2.... e.g. Humanoid|Outsider for an Elven Half-
      > Celestial. Should we just return Outsider and have the template
      TYPE
      > completely override the race TYPE?
      >
      > -Bryan
      >
      > --- In pcgen@y..., "tirgwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...> wrote:
      > > Ok, I'm going into Round 2 of Dragon Testing. This includes the
      > > first 3 Dragons, with differences in each. (Black, Blue,
      Green).