FW: Alert: spam from Yahoo!

  • Mynex
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2002
      I actually went and looked to see if this was true... this would explain
      the recent influx of spam and crap I don't care about in my mailbox. :(

      Mynex

      - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys (Code Badgerer)
      - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
      - RPG Gateway - Software Section Editor
      - RPG Reviews - d20 section Editor/Reviewer

      In their never-ending search for revenue, Yahoo has pulled a fast one
      on
      us all and switched everyone's marketing preferences to "Yes". To
      fix
      this, go to either <http://my.yahoo.com> or
      In
      the upper right corner, click on "Account Info". Enter your UserID
      and
      password if asked. Once on the Account Info page, click on "Edit your
      marketing preferences." You will then come to a page of "Special
      Offers
      & Marketing Communications" in which you have been enrolled in
      without
      your knowledge or consent. Click any and all of the buttons to "No",
      then
      click the "Save Changes" button. That should take care of the
      problem,
      at
      least until Yahoo does something like this again.