FAQ?

  • spartan_md
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20, 2002

      Just discovered the program...can anyone post a link to a FAQ?

      RE: How do I add prestige classes from the builder's books of WOTC?

      Thanks!
    • gonadan
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 20, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "spartan_md" <spartan_md@y...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Just discovered the program...can anyone post a link to a FAQ?
        >
        > RE: How do I add prestige classes from the builder's books of
        WOTC?

        > Thanks!

        Hi!
        As far as I know, there are 2 places you could go to for a FAQ.
        One is the official homepage at http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/ .
        The other is my unofficial and semi-updated Fan FAQ at http://
        pedertest.officeline.no/PCGen/

        If you want to add classes, whether they be prestige classes or
        not, you'll have to make what is known as a LST-file, and a PCC-
        file.
        The PCC-file tells PCGen which LST-files to load. The LST-file
        contain the actuall information about the new classes.
        For more information, you should read through the files in the
        "Documentation"-folder in your PCGen-folder.

        Hope this helps.

        Cheers,
        Peder
      • bellereadsbooks
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31 1:41 PM
          Maybe I'm blind... can somebody point me towards a PCGen FAQ? Is there a basic "Here's how
          you use PCGen" document? I've figured out a lot of it, but I know there much more to it that
          I'm not getting.

          Thanks,

          John Williford
        • Éric Beaudoin
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31 2:15 PM
            See doc/index.html. In the doc, there is a walk through section if I
            remember correctly (it's been a while since I needed it).

            If you used the Windows installer, there is a shortcut to the
            documentation included in the program group. I think something similar
            exists with the Max installer.

            On 5/31/05, bellereadsbooks <jwjunk@...> wrote:
            > Maybe I'm blind... can somebody point me towards a PCGen FAQ? Is there a basic "Here's how
            > you use PCGen" document? I've figured out a lot of it, but I know there much more to it that
            > I'm not getting.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > John Williford

            > PCGen's FAQ:
            > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

            Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
            Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
            >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
            <mailto:eric.beaudoin@...>
          • bellereadsbooks
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31 2:49 PM
              Ok, so I AM blind. Shoulda seen the doc folder....

              Many thanks!

              John