Re: Printing Problems

  • backlash_de
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "Garmorn" <Garmorn@a...> wrote:
      > I am having problems printing with the latest version. (2.4.7).
      > The first page and only the first page is skiping form 1/2 an inch
      > to an inch of lines and not leaving space to where it should be.
      > This is true of any sheet or method that I print from that is
      > generated by PCgen. I have printed other documents including web
      > pages and not have this problem.

      Can you explain the problem some more?
      Maybe scan your print results and upload it to the files section?

      Kinson
    • tennokishi
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Garmorn" <Garmorn@a...> wrote:
        > I am having problems printing with the latest version. (2.4.7).
        The
        first page and only the first page is skiping form 1/2 an inch to an
        inch
        of lines and not leaving space to where it should be. This is true
        of any
        sheet or method that I print from that is generated by PCgen. I have
        printed other documents including web pages and not have this problem.

        What size paper are you using?

        I just noticed that thedefault paper size after install is A4 not
        Lettersize. If you are in the US or are using lettersize maybe thats the
        problem?

        Check under File > Preferences > Paper.

        Just an idea

        - Chew
      • Garmorn
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2002
          Thanks for the help. It seems to be a bad .dll for my Canon Printer that is causing the trouble. I am not sure why it is only doing it with PCgen but it is that combination that is causing the problem.  Just for your info it was acting as if several lines of print was not being received by the printer and it just did not print them.

          Kinson I will upload an example if you still want, but right now the bad dll has shut down my scanner/printer completly. Since my backup printer (an old Deskjet) is printing this find I am thinking of waiting until I get a copy of the dll and see if that fixes the problem.

          Garmorn

          Orignal Message from Kinson:

          Can you explain the problem some more?
          Maybe scan your print results and upload it to the files section?

          Kinson

          > I am having problems printing with the latest version. (2.4.7).
          The
          first page and only the first page is skiping form 1/2 an inch to an
          inch
          of lines and not leaving space to where it should be.  This is true
          of any
          sheet or method that I print from that is generated by PCgen.  I have
          printed other documents including web pages and not have this problem.

          What size paper are you using?

          I just noticed that thedefault paper size after install is A4 not
          Lettersize. If you are in the US or are using lettersize maybe thats the
          problem?

          Check under File  > Preferences > Paper.

          Just an idea

          - Chew

        • Quarthinos
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 26, 2003
            Using PCGen 5.4. Whenever I try to view in browser (as html) I get
            the following error:
            at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
            at
            pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.modFromArmorOnWeaponRolls(PlayerCharacter.java:11730)
            at pcgen.io.ExportHandler.write(ExportHandler.java:164)
            at
            pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoEquipping.eqSetPrintToWriter(InfoEquipping.java:4254)
            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoEquipping.viewEqSetButton(InfoEquipping.java:4083)
            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoEquipping.access$4300(InfoEquipping.java:136)
            at pcgen.gui.tabs.InfoEquipping$5.actionPerformed(InfoEquipping.java:879)
            at
            javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown
            Source)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown
            Source)
            at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
            at
            pcgen.gui.PCGen_Frame1$WaitCursorEventQueue.dispatchEvent(PCGen_Frame1.java:2542)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

            Any ideas? I get a similar message when trying to export (or view) as
            PDF. I'm using rsrd v30, if it makes any difference.

            Thanks.
          • Quarthinos
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 26, 2003
              Looks like Darkwood bucklers are broken. Guess I'll try and work thru
              the .lst and fix it.