Stone of Good Luck

  • koralis_arkhadian
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 8:06 AM
      This one used to be right, then it got screwed up again and it's
      been screwed up for several revisions now... could someone please
      replace this entry to CVS? It is in the DMG woundrous items list

      --------------------

      Stone of Good Luck (Luckstone) TYPE:Magic.Wondrous
      Cost:10000 WT:0
      SOURCEPAGE:p.
      BONUS:SKILL|LIST,ALL|1|TYPE=Luck
      BONUS:CHECKS|Fortitude,Reflex,Willpower|1|TYPE=LUCK
    • Mynex
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 11:24 AM
        Okay, it's fixed (again) and checked into CVS (at PCGen:DM) for the next
        release.

        Just as a note, I realize that it may be important to your campaign, but
        there have been a lot of important things that needed fixing with the
        list files. While we try to get everything, sometimes things get
        re-prioritized depending on what the Code Monkeys need done to the list
        files and how RL may impact us.

        This is one of many little things that have needed fixing that have been
        lower in priority than list changes for the GUI revamp.

        Thank you for continuously reporting it, hopefully now, you won't need
        to anymore and it won't be an overwritten again.

        Mynex

        - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys (Code Badgerer)
        - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
        - RPG Gateway - Software Section Editor
        - RPG Reviews - d20 section Editor/Reviewer

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • koralis_arkhadian
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 7:40 PM
          Oh, it's nothing I couldn't do without... after all, I'm competant
          enough to create my own custom version in my own list file. For
          other users that don't know enough to make their own list file
          they'd be stuck on a core rules item that takes seconds to fix,
          while new content from obscure books are constantly being added, and
          that just seems wrong. :)

          The new windows and all are nice, but ultimately this is a tool to
          play D&D... it would seem to me that the priority would be an
          accurate representation of the rules before wizbang features, unless
          they're extensive problem rules with special cases, etc, that are
          hard (if not impossible) to impliment.

          I'm at a loss to how it could have gotten broken in the first
          place. Someone upload one of their old copies with a change instead
          of modifying the one that was there at one point?

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2 8:54 PM
            I was saying that there's a lot of things going on... and there's a lot
            of people doing them... So while I might be the 'go to' guy for list
            files, there are only so many things I can do at any given time. I do
            have other projects, and a RL to contend with as well as PCGen... and
            sometimes I do forget things (like this)...

            Hopefully now though, things will be a bit more structured with the list
            files to make sure this doesn't happen again (and yes someone overwrote
            with an older list file).

            i.e. Please remember that this is a volunteer project, and PCGen is a
            free program. People work on things as they can, in what order they
            can, and by what interests them. There are a few of us who do the
            'grunt' work, but we can't be everywhere at all times. There are a lot
            of things 'that take seconds to fix' and we get to them as quickly as we
            can.

            And maybe it's me, but the tone of your post came across as , 'OH MY
            GOD, why can't these people get these simple things out of the way!
            It's not that hard!'... meaning demanding. If that was not your intent,
            then I apologize, if it was your intent, then please refrain from doing
            so again for the above paragraph of reasons. I'm not being rude or
            mean, just stating how it came across to me, so this isn't meant as a
            flame post.