Re: [pcgen] Drow Bladesinger

  • Devoe
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
      yes i did
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Mynex
      Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 8:44 PM
      Subject: RE: [pcgen] Drow Bladesinger

      Okay, silly question, but are you remembering to go to the spells tab
      and select 1 1st level spell?  That's part of the pre-req's and the most
      commonly forgotten thing with the bladesinger.

      Mynex

      - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys (Code Badgerer)
      - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
      - RPG Gateway - Software Section Editor
      - RPG Reviews - d20 section Editor/Reviewer

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • tirgwaith
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2002
        Ok, I just made a drow Bladesinger. Exact steps I followed:

        I didn't remember what source the Bladesinger was in (Some Dragon),
        so I went ahead and loaded ALL D20 - yeah, slow loading.

        RACE: Elf (F. Realms), then choose the Drow you want. The single
        entry Drows will NOT qualify currently (Elf, Half Elf, FR Elf).
        Chose some alignment, can't remember which; shouldn't matter. 5
        Levels of Fighter, getting appropriate Feats. 1 LVL Sorcerer. Went
        to Feats tab. Picked up Combat Casting. Double checked that I had
        all the feats. I'd somehow missed one. Added Expertise. Went to
        Spells tab, and learned only one spell: Alarm (LVL 1). Went to
        Skills tab. wasted a LOT of Fighter skillpoints to learn 4 Ranks
        Concentration, 3 Ranks Tumble, 3 Ranks in Perform. NOT the Perform
        dereviatives Perform (Chant) or Perform (Dancing), (((BTW: I don't
        think the Perform Dancing is a true skill. I can't see Dragon
        Magazine doing it that way. Will look into later and consult with My
        Great Master, LST Silverback Mynex.)))

        When I went back to the Classes tab, Bladesinger was black
        (Qualified). Selected and added a level of it. Viola! Drow
        Bladesinger.

        I hope that by following this you can find what you are doing wrong.
        I've got a feeling it is the Race. Do NOT use the Drow from the DMG,
        or the one that will be coming from the MM in a couple weeks. They
        won't qualify, at least without editing the current lst with the
        Bladesinger.

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp

        > Okay, silly question, but are you remembering to go to the spells
        tab
        > and select 1 1st level spell? That's part of the pre-req's and
        the most
        > commonly forgotten thing with the bladesinger.
        >
        > Mynex
        >
        > - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys (Code Badgerer)
        > - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
        > - RPG Gateway - Software Section Editor
        > - RPG Reviews - d20 section Editor/Reviewer

        Service.
      • Mynex
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2002
          Okay, I've added Drow to the list of races in the Bladesinger class
          (Tome & Blood btw).. so the plain jane Drow from Dragon and DMG are
          accepted.