Re: Eldritch Master Level 3 and 4 Bugs

  • davehudson6
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 1, 2002
      Okay, I just tried to register as a user in pub58.ezboard.com (see
      below), but it would not take it. Whenever I pressed the final
      button to register my info, it took me to a "This page cannot be
      displayed" error page. I'd LIKE to join the discussion there.

      --- In pcgen@y..., "dinthron" <dinthron@y...> wrote:
      > Ok,
      >
      > You know you can search messages. Wow, this goes back quite a
      ways!
      > Threads:
      >
      > Messages of note (especially 8196):
      > (crap, link broken, but some summary included)
      > different one:
      > http://pub58.ezboard.com/fokayyourturnfrm12.showMessage?
      topicID=916.to
      > pic
      >
      > And thanks for the new attention to this.
      >
      > --- In pcgen@y..., "davehudson6" <rjoyner6@c...> wrote:
      > > --- In pcgen@y..., "dinthron" <dinthron@y...> wrote:
      > > > /bamf
      > > >
      > > > Is that exactly correct for the 3rd level ability? I am the
      > > original
      > > > requester of that class, but I haven't played it in a while,
      nor
      > > did I
      > > > have more than 2 levels in it. Check my old posts regarding
      the
      > > > message of clarification from another message board. I know
      the
      > > > granting of the higher spell depends on current level, IE, if
      you
      > > take
      > > > it at the "wrong" time, you don't get any benefit.
      > > >
      > > > /bamf

      > ability
      > that
      > > granted

      Sorceror
      Master
      > > level
      > > >

      > > I have stated the case as accurately as I can, based on the
      original
      > > write-up in Dragon. Which part are you unsure of?
      > >
      > > Spell Boost always gives you the ability to throw one per day of
      > > single spell one level higher than your normal max, and so in
      that
      > > sense you always gain a benefit. Where you can fail to get
      maximum
      > > benefit is if, for example, you take Eldritch Master 3 at a time
      > when
      > > the highest-level spells you can throw are 2nd-level Sorceror
      > > spells. In that case, since EM3 already gives you 2 3rd-level
      > spells
      > > known, you do NOT get the benefit of getting a free 3rd-level
      spell
      > > known due to the Spell Boost. The weirdness comes from the fact
      > that,
      > > since Eldritch Master gives you extra Spells Known without
      > increasing
      > > your Spells per Day, it is possible to know spells that you
      cannot
      > > throw.
      > >
      > > I'd love to see your old posts, if you can give me an idea of
      the
      > > Post #. I'm very new here, and don't really want to go looking
      > > through 20000+ posts.
    • davehudson6
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 1, 2002
        Finally figured out how to register at Monte Cook's site
        (pub58.ezboard.com). I've added to the discussion there about
        Eldritch Masters. I'd love to see the discussion revived.