Re: Diablo sockets & pcgen

  • kos_keep
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
      > > The game I am running is largeley based on the Diablo computer
      > game,
      > > and naturally my players have asked if they can socket items. So
      > my
      > > question is: Can I put a CONTAINS tag on a sword and have the
      > > properties of a magical rune or gem only be applied if it is
      placed
      > > in the said container and effect only that item?
      > >
      > > Since WotC has converted the Diablo setting to 3E, therefore
      making
      > > it d20 compatible, I think it's more than reasonable to ask that
      > the
      > > code be ready for the next release. :)
      > >
      > > Or would it be better just to re-create the item after it is
      > socketed
      > > or to just have the rune say something +1 to damage for weapon
      > place
      > > in through SPROP:?
      >
      > I don't think that if you put items in the weapon as a comtainer
      they
      > would have an effect on only that weapon. What I would do is make
      > file with various weapon mods for all the stuff you can put in the
      > weapon and then they can build it with the customiser. You'd need
      > do a second file for armor since the same items have different
      > properties in armor.

      DAMN! I've been so intent on lst files that I completely forgot
      about the customizer. Thanks!
    • mark_hulsman
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
        > DAMN! I've been so intent on lst files that I completely forgot
        > about the customizer. Thanks!

        Hehe, thats easy to do. The only problem with this method is that
        you can't limit the number of sockets an item has, but you can just
        make sure you use the correct number.
      • ortheri
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
          --- In pcgen@y..., "mark_hulsman" <hulsmanm@p...> wrote:
          > > DAMN! I've been so intent on lst files that I completely forgot
          > > about the customizer. Thanks!
          >
          > Hehe, thats easy to do. The only problem with this method is that
          > you can't limit the number of sockets an item has, but you can just
          > make sure you use the correct number.

          This kind of function should be considered, I'm sure it will come up
          eventually, that certain items can only be modified so far. For
          instance vehicle mods in the Series Archer game.

          Mario