Re: Untrained Skills showing with no ranks!?-bug?

  • morobrany
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
      That would be good, though it would also be nice to have options to
      sort the fantasy from the sci-fi. Having an odd but reasonable
      fantasy skill added to a DnD sheet makes sense, but not "Fly
      Podracer" or whatever thing bumps over from Star Wars.

      Actually, SF/Fantasy options on the main load screen would be
      useful. I like for my DnD character to have access to Deadlands and
      Wheel of Time because there's a lot of equipment that works just as
      well in the middle ages and plugs some of the gaps in the DnD lists,
      but it's not necessary to have all the sci-fi equipment.

      Kevin

      > The way it's going to work is that only the skills you've added to
      > the Selected table will show up. That way there's no sleight-of-
      hand
      > involved which has really confused a lot of people. You bring up a
      > good point, though... maybe a "Add all untrained" option in the
      right-
      > click menu so you can add them all without having to select them
      > individually?
      >
      > -Bryan
    • dfofanoff
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2002
        Thanks Merton-

        I had the "Include Skills" set to "ALL". Once I changed it to "NONE"
        everything is running very smooth now.

        OK...back to data entry....gotta get those additional spells in!

        David

        --- In pcgen@y..., "morobrany" <kevin-a-murphy@d...> wrote:
        > That would be good, though it would also be nice to have options to
        > sort the fantasy from the sci-fi. Having an odd but reasonable
        > fantasy skill added to a DnD sheet makes sense, but not "Fly
        > Podracer" or whatever thing bumps over from Star Wars.
        >
        > Actually, SF/Fantasy options on the main load screen would be
        > useful. I like for my DnD character to have access to Deadlands
        and
        > Wheel of Time because there's a lot of equipment that works just as
        > well in the middle ages and plugs some of the gaps in the DnD
        lists,
        > but it's not necessary to have all the sci-fi equipment.
        >
        > Kevin
        >
        > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
        > > The way it's going to work is that only the skills you've added
        > > the Selected table will show up. That way there's no sleight-of-
        > hand
        > > involved which has really confused a lot of people. You bring up
        > > good point, though... maybe a "Add all untrained" option in the
        > right-
        > > click menu so you can add them all without having to select them
        > > individually?
        > >
        > > -Bryan
      • emperorfranz
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2002
          <hint><nudge>
          So, will my FREQ 520366 be addressed in this re-write? It deals with
          including untrained Force skills for Star Wars.
          </nudge></hint>

          :)

          Thanks,
          Hugo