[BUG REPORT]

  • woobie71
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
      The silver dagger is not listed under the equipment. If I right-click
      on the normal dagger and give it a silver property, the cost changes
      from 2 GP to 1,302 GP.

      Also, I couldn't find an inkpen in any of the catagories. I would
      have expected to find it with ink (vial). It's in the Player's
      Handbook under normal equipment.
    • Emily Smirle
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2002
        woobie71 wrote:

        > The silver dagger is not listed under the equipment. If I right-click
        > on the normal dagger and give it a silver property, the cost changes
        > from 2 GP to 1,302 GP.

        What you're looking for is *not* a silver dagger, you're looking for a
        *silvered* dager. Note the difference. SilverED daggers have essentially
        gilt edges, but are mostly steel, making them useful weapons. The silver
        option makes them magically hardened solid silver, which is naturally
        hiddeously expensive. I understand someone was adding SilverED as an
        option, but I'm not sure what became of it.

        > Also, I couldn't find an inkpen in any of the catagories. I would
        > have expected to find it with ink (vial). It's in the Player's
        > Handbook under normal equipment.

        It's under Pen (ink) like it is in the PHB.
        --
        "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
        oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2002
          SilverED is in the customizer but it still makes the cost 12gp while
          the PHB states that the total cost of a silverED dagger is 10gp.

          Later,
          Hugo

          --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
          > woobie71 wrote:
          >
          > > The silver dagger is not listed under the equipment. If I right-click
          > > on the normal dagger and give it a silver property, the cost changes
          > > from 2 GP to 1,302 GP.
          >

          > What you're looking for is *not* a silver dagger, you're looking for a
          > *silvered* dager. Note the difference. SilverED daggers have
          essentially
          > gilt edges, but are mostly steel, making them useful weapons. The
          silver
          > option makes them magically hardened solid silver, which is naturally
          > hiddeously expensive. I understand someone was adding SilverED as an
          > option, but I'm not sure what became of it.

        • Mynex
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2002
            I just fixed this. For the next release it will now report the correct
            amount for a SilverED dagger (10gps)

            Mynex

            - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys (Code Badgerer)
            - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
            - RPG Gateway - Software Section Editor
            - RPG Reviews - d20 section Editor/Reviewer

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • emperorfranz
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2002
              Thanks!

              --- In pcgen@y..., Mynex <mynex3@c...> wrote:

              > I just fixed this. For the next release it will now report the correct
              > amount for a SilverED dagger (10gps)
              >
              > Mynex
              >
              > - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys (Code Badgerer)
              > - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
              > - RPG Gateway - Software Section Editor
              > - RPG Reviews - d20 section Editor/Reviewer

            • bolieiv
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 28, 2002
                This has been a problem for the last couple of versions. When
                selecting feats and/or skills, the list alphabetizes itself by
                source. When I click on the name column to sort by name, it resorts
                appropriately. As soon as I select a skill or feat, it sorts itself
                by source, again. The skills have started sorting themselves by
                source without any apparent action on my part. I can't even find a
                way to specify the default sorting method.

                I've noticed a general trend in the GUI for things to arrange and
                rearrange themselves apparently with no input from me. The frames
                sometimes resize while I'm sitting and doing nothing but watching.
                Sometimes they resize when I'm selecting. It's all very strange.

                I'm running NT 4.0, Java 2 1.3.1_02, and currently 2.5.0.

                Bolie IV
              • thornbep
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 28, 2002
                  Yeah, Feats sorting by source is a pain.

                  Phil

                  --- In pcgen@y..., "bolieiv" <bolie@i...> wrote:
                  > This has been a problem for the last couple of versions. When
                  > selecting feats and/or skills, the list alphabetizes itself by
                  > source. When I click on the name column to sort by name, it
                  resorts
                  > appropriately. As soon as I select a skill or feat, it sorts
                  itself
                  > by source, again. The skills have started sorting themselves by
                  > source without any apparent action on my part. I can't even find a
                  > way to specify the default sorting method.
                  >
                  > I've noticed a general trend in the GUI for things to arrange and
                  > rearrange themselves apparently with no input from me. The frames
                  > sometimes resize while I'm sitting and doing nothing but watching.
                  > Sometimes they resize when I'm selecting. It's all very strange.
                  >
                  > I'm running NT 4.0, Java 2 1.3.1_02, and currently 2.5.0.
                  >
                  > Bolie IV
                • gsbingl
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 28, 2002
                    I've found this when loading an existing character. If you pre-load
                    the sources before the character, they get sorted properly.

                    Byngl

                    --- In pcgen@y..., "thornbep" <pthornberry@c...> wrote:
                    > Yeah, Feats sorting by source is a pain.
                    >
                    > Phil
                    >
                    > --- In pcgen@y..., "bolieiv" <bolie@i...> wrote:
                    > > This has been a problem for the last couple of versions. When
                    > > selecting feats and/or skills, the list alphabetizes itself by
                    > > source. When I click on the name column to sort by name, it
                    > resorts
                    > > appropriately. As soon as I select a skill or feat, it sorts
                    > itself
                    > > by source, again. The skills have started sorting themselves by
                    > > source without any apparent action on my part. I can't even find
                    > > way to specify the default sorting method.
                    > >
                    > > I've noticed a general trend in the GUI for things to arrange and
                    > > rearrange themselves apparently with no input from me. The
                    frames
                    > > sometimes resize while I'm sitting and doing nothing but
                    watching.
                    > > Sometimes they resize when I'm selecting. It's all very strange.
                    > >
                    > > I'm running NT 4.0, Java 2 1.3.1_02, and currently 2.5.0.
                    > >
                    > > Bolie IV
                  • thornbep
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 28, 2002
                      Cool! I'll try that.