Re: Untrained Skills showing with no ranks!?-bug?

  • learyth
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
      Sounds good to me. I know the current menu for it seems a little
      arcane to new users and hopefully this will clear that up. An "add
      all untrained" seems like a good idea. Thanks for looking into this.
      Leigh aka learyth

    • Brass Tilde
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002

        The selector will allow one to select more than one item and *then* press
        the selection option, right? Similar to the Shift-Click and Ctrl-Click
        functionality in Windows?

        Brass

      • morobrany
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2002
          That would be good, though it would also be nice to have options to
          sort the fantasy from the sci-fi. Having an odd but reasonable
          fantasy skill added to a DnD sheet makes sense, but not "Fly
          Podracer" or whatever thing bumps over from Star Wars.

          Actually, SF/Fantasy options on the main load screen would be
          useful. I like for my DnD character to have access to Deadlands and
          Wheel of Time because there's a lot of equipment that works just as
          well in the middle ages and plugs some of the gaps in the DnD lists,
          but it's not necessary to have all the sci-fi equipment.

          Kevin

          > The way it's going to work is that only the skills you've added to
          > the Selected table will show up. That way there's no sleight-of-
          hand
          > involved which has really confused a lot of people. You bring up a
          > good point, though... maybe a "Add all untrained" option in the
          right-
          > click menu so you can add them all without having to select them
          > individually?
          >
          > -Bryan
        • dfofanoff
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2002
            Thanks Merton-

            I had the "Include Skills" set to "ALL". Once I changed it to "NONE"
            everything is running very smooth now.

            OK...back to data entry....gotta get those additional spells in!

            David

            --- In pcgen@y..., "morobrany" <kevin-a-murphy@d...> wrote:
            > That would be good, though it would also be nice to have options to
            > sort the fantasy from the sci-fi. Having an odd but reasonable
            > fantasy skill added to a DnD sheet makes sense, but not "Fly
            > Podracer" or whatever thing bumps over from Star Wars.
            >
            > Actually, SF/Fantasy options on the main load screen would be
            > useful. I like for my DnD character to have access to Deadlands
            and
            > Wheel of Time because there's a lot of equipment that works just as
            > well in the middle ages and plugs some of the gaps in the DnD
            lists,
            > but it's not necessary to have all the sci-fi equipment.
            >
            > Kevin
            >
            > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
            > > The way it's going to work is that only the skills you've added
            > > the Selected table will show up. That way there's no sleight-of-
            > hand
            > > involved which has really confused a lot of people. You bring up
            > > good point, though... maybe a "Add all untrained" option in the
            > right-
            > > click menu so you can add them all without having to select them
            > > individually?
            > >
            > > -Bryan
          • emperorfranz
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2002
              <hint><nudge>
              So, will my FREQ 520366 be addressed in this re-write? It deals with
              including untrained Force skills for Star Wars.
              </nudge></hint>

              :)

              Thanks,
              Hugo