Skills displayed on character sheet

  • Keith Davies
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2002
      Hi All,

      I deleted the messages in the original thread before I got around to
      answering them (oops), but...

      Why not offer an option for collapsing the skills? That way, rather
      than showing all untrained Craft (*) and Profession (*) skills with
      just the stat bonus, just display "Craft (any)" and "Profession (any)"
      and leave it at that?

      This would provide a decent way of showing the default score for all
      skills under those categories, without dumping a boatload of entries
      into the table on the character sheet. I mean, if I haven't taken
      Craft (Armorsmith) but I need to make repairs to a suit of chain mail,
      I don't need to go searching through the list until I find the specific
      entry that looks like all the others around it, I just need a reminder
      that it uses my Int bonus.

      If I do buy ranks in a particular Craft skill, show that one separately.

      This would allow the default skill levels to be displayed, without
      burying me in skill ratings for skills I rarely use.

      Keith
      --
      Keith Davies
      kjdavies@...

      Logan: "I don't think it's a good idea."
      Raven: "The vote is three to one against you -- me, the crystal ball,
      and the little voices in your head."