The continuing Dancey saga...

  • lonejedi70
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      I found this interesting tidbit in a new Ryan Dancey interview this
      morning (http://www.wizards.com/D20/article.asp?x=dt20020228a):

      [Quote]
      There are updates I would like to make to the OGL itself, too. The
      biggest change I'd like to make is to add a section on how to
      implement the OGL in a software product. Right now, there are so many
      issues about doing so that my opinion is that, short of a complete
      open-source release, the OGL cannot be effectively used in software.
      I'd like to fix that issue once and for all. It's unclear to me when
      or if that revision will happen, as it's a pretty low priority for
      Wizards and it opens up a big can of worms
      [/Quote]

      -Lone Jedi
      (Jason)
    • Keith Davies
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
        lonejedi70 wrote on Fri Mar 1 07:01:57 2002:

        > I found this interesting tidbit in a new Ryan Dancey interview this
        > morning (http://www.wizards.com/D20/article.asp?x=dt20020228a):
        >
        > [Quote]
        > There are updates I would like to make to the OGL itself, too. The
        > biggest change I'd like to make is to add a section on how to
        > implement the OGL in a software product. Right now, there are so many
        > issues about doing so that my opinion is that, short of a complete
        > open-source release, the OGL cannot be effectively used in software.
        > I'd like to fix that issue once and for all. It's unclear to me when
        > or if that revision will happen, as it's a pretty low priority for
        > Wizards and it opens up a big can of worms
        > [/Quote]

        heh, how does he want to fix it? So it can't be used in software at
        *all*? <g>

        Damn, too much /.

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies
        kjdavies@...

        Logan: "I don't think it's a good idea."
        Raven: "The vote is three to one against you -- me, the crystal ball,
        and the little voices in your head."