Re: [pcgen] Re: Ryan Dancey Chat

  • Keith Davies
    Message 1 of 37 , Mar 1 12:43 AM
      Mynex wrote on Thu Feb 28 17:27:18 2002:

> [...]

      That was my third guess. The second involves something we're
      not allowed to tell the ephemerals of this plane... erm, never
      mind.

      Keith
      --
      Keith Davies
      kjdavies@...

      Logan: "I don't think it's a good idea."
      Raven: "The vote is three to one against you -- me, the crystal ball,
      and the little voices in your head."
    • Keith Davies
      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 3 9:13 PM
        pjak wrote on Sat Mar 2 09:22:27 2002:

        > --- In pcgen@y..., Keith Davies <kjdavies@t...> wrote:
        > > huh? Does this parse for anyone?
        >
        > Well, yes. I think he says that there are two 'factions' in Wotc on
        > this. One that sees that all fan-created freeware is good publicity,
        > and one that is more concerned about control (over IP, most likely.)
        > Presumably (at least for now) the 'good publicity' faction decides
        > over at wotc.

        I should hope so... it seems to be the most accurate.

        > > There is no *legal* reason why we can't implement the rules in
        > software
        > > under fair use.
        >
        > As long as we stay aware of the fact that what's allowed when IP
        > comes into play depends entirely on who has hungriest attack-
        > lawyers...

        yeah, well, there is that :/

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies
        kjdavies@...

        Evil High Priest: "Leave now, if you value your skins."
        Logan: "I'm all for it."