RE: [pcgen] Re: Ryan Dancey Chat

  • Mynex
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 28, 2002
      Heh... let's say there's not much to it right now. The testing that is.
      ;) We find bugs, and we report them, nothing spectacular.

      Mynex

      - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys (Code Badgerer)
      - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
      - RPG Gateway - Software Section Editor
      - RPG Reviews - d20 section Editor/Reviewer

    • Keith Davies
      Message 37 of 37 , Mar 3, 2002
        pjak wrote on Sat Mar 2 09:22:27 2002:

        > --- In pcgen@y..., Keith Davies <kjdavies@t...> wrote:
        > > huh? Does this parse for anyone?
        >
        > Well, yes. I think he says that there are two 'factions' in Wotc on
        > this. One that sees that all fan-created freeware is good publicity,
        > and one that is more concerned about control (over IP, most likely.)
        > Presumably (at least for now) the 'good publicity' faction decides
        > over at wotc.

        I should hope so... it seems to be the most accurate.

        > > There is no *legal* reason why we can't implement the rules in
        > software
        > > under fair use.
        >
        > As long as we stay aware of the fact that what's allowed when IP
        > comes into play depends entirely on who has hungriest attack-
        > lawyers...

        yeah, well, there is that :/

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies
        kjdavies@...

        Evil High Priest: "Leave now, if you value your skins."
        Logan: "I'm all for it."