New Skill tab design

  • Martin Brabander
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2002
      I'm beginning to come around to the look and feel of the new designs to
      the tabs, particularly with last nights release including the skill
      revamp. However, I miss something from the old design (It may be
      present but I can't find it). The ability to add skills up to the
      maximum ranks seems to be missing. This was really handy for general
      use, but especially in creating high level characters. Can anyone point
      how to do it now, or put it back in a future release, please?

      Martin
    • kos_keep
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., Martin Brabander <crazy-horse@p...> wrote:
        > I'm beginning to come around to the look and feel of the new
        designs to
        > the tabs, particularly with last nights release including the skill
        > revamp. However, I miss something from the old design (It may be
        > present but I can't find it). The ability to add skills up to the
        > maximum ranks seems to be missing. This was really handy for
        general
        > use, but especially in creating high level characters. Can anyone
        point
        > how to do it now, or put it back in a future release, please?
        >
        > Martin

        I have not checked to be sure but it can probably be access by right-
        clicking he skill. Personally I prefered the old design for skills
        because everything was in the same area. I just think it was easier
        working with only 1 list.
      • Martin Brabander
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2002
          kos_keep wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@y..., Martin Brabander <crazy-horse@p...> wrote:
          > > I'm beginning to come around to the look and feel of the new
          > designs to
          > > the tabs, particularly with last nights release including the skill
          > > revamp. However, I miss something from the old design (It may be
          > > present but I can't find it). The ability to add skills up to the
          > > maximum ranks seems to be missing. This was really handy for
          > general
          > > use, but especially in creating high level characters. Can anyone
          > point
          > > how to do it now, or put it back in a future release, please?
          > >
          > > Martin
          >
          > I have not checked to be sure but it can probably be access by right-
          > clicking he skill.

          Thanks...I'm sure that wasn't there when I looked before I posted :)

          > Personally I prefered the old design for skills
          > because everything was in the same area. I just think it was easier
          > working with only 1 list.

          I actually quite like the skills tab, but hate the inventory tab... I just
          can't get used to it, and can never find a thing. :(

          What I do think is a little cumbersome on the skills tab is having Art as a
          sub-type, with all of the 'crafts' listed (AFAIK) also available under the
          Craft sub-type.

          I do like the smart filters. Well done team!!!! I am in the process of
          converting a fairly old (1st Ed -converted to 2nd) character. I had selected
          the filter as class - fighter, and when I switched classes to rogue, the
          filter changed for me automatically.

          Martin