Re: monster ECLs

  • tirgwaith
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2002
      I get Dragon, and thought about including the ECLs when doing the
      monman overhaul I did for this release (MONSTERCLASS, CSKILL,
      RACENAME). The first two tags there are what were needed to create
      monsters as PCs, so ECLs would be the natural extention. However,
      Offical Release means just that. I decided to wait until the
      official ECLs come out, then include them in the actual files. That
      release date has not been annouced (at least I haven't heard it) but
      the product has: Tooth and Nail, which is supposed to be in the
      format of S&F, DotF, T&B, etc.

      I've got no problem with anyone doing a .MOD pcc and including ECLs
      until the official list comes out. I'm just not going to spend
      effort on it right now. I've got a deadline of 3 weeks from now to
      have the MM files finished. The dragons, my major hurdle right now,
      almost made this release. They were working Monday, and I can't
      figure out why they started crashing the program while loading them
      on Tuesday, so they weren't included.

      Anyone want to edit Binkly's mommanwithecls.pcc, feel free.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      --- In pcgen@y..., "oni_nz" <xyzzy@p...> wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@y..., "bkoxley" <binkley@b...> wrote:
      > > I'm just looked through the current Dragon (#293 IIRC) and WotC's
      > R&D
      > > department provides ECLs (effective character level -- did I get
      > the
      > > acronym right?) for most or all of the mosters from the MM.
      > >
      > > I've put a dummy PCC file into CVS for the MM + ECL information
      so
      > > that you can play MM races as PCs, but I am of two minds:
      > >
      > > A. Keep a separate PCC file. This means also keeping separate
      > files
      > > for the entire MM, and trying to track changes to the original
      LST