new BONUS tag: ESIZE

  • jaymecox
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2002
      I've added a size based BONUS tag for classes:

      BONUS:ESIZE|NUMBER|%

      It only affects AC and HIDE skill calculations. The % can be a
      positive number (minus to AC and HIDE) or a negative number (bonus to
      AC and HIDE). For example:

      BONUS:ESIZE|NUMBER|-1

      Would decrease your effective size for AC and HIDE checks by one
      (Medium to Small or Small to Tiny).

      BONUS:ESIZE|NUMBER|1

      Would increase your effective size for AC and HIDE checks by one
      (Medium to Large)

      These numbers stack, so if you wanted to have an effective size
      decrease at level 1 and at level 5, you'd put BONUS:ESIZE|NUMBER|-1
      at each of those levels in your classes.lst
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 26, 2002
        Very nice! I seem to recall there being a feature request about
        modifying one's total-load-capacity based upon being a different
        size. I'll have to see if I can find that one again and shoot it
        your way.... :)

        -Bryan

        --- In pcgen@y..., "jaymecox" <jayme@r...> wrote:
        > I've added a size based BONUS tag for classes:
        >
        > BONUS:ESIZE|NUMBER|%
        >
        > It only affects AC and HIDE skill calculations. The % can be a
        > positive number (minus to AC and HIDE) or a negative number (bonus
        > AC and HIDE). For example:
        >
        > BONUS:ESIZE|NUMBER|-1
        >
        > Would decrease your effective size for AC and HIDE checks by one
        > (Medium to Small or Small to Tiny).
        >
        > BONUS:ESIZE|NUMBER|1
        >
        > Would increase your effective size for AC and HIDE checks by one
        > (Medium to Large)
        >
        > These numbers stack, so if you wanted to have an effective size
        > decrease at level 1 and at level 5, you'd put BONUS:ESIZE|NUMBER|-1
        > at each of those levels in your classes.lst
      • Emily Smirle
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 27, 2002
          jaymecox wrote:

          > I've added a size based BONUS tag for classes:
          >
          > BONUS:ESIZE|NUMBER|%
          >
          > It only affects AC and HIDE skill calculations. The % can be a
          > positive number (minus to AC and HIDE) or a negative number (bonus to
          > AC and HIDE).

          Question: will there be a way to modify *all* parts of Size, frex
          one/twohanded weapon determination, weight carrying, prerequisites, etc?

          A Dire template would need to change actual size, and we have some
          custom prestige clases here at home that do strange things to your
          physique at high levels.
          --
          "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
          oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 27, 2002
            --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
            > jaymecox wrote:
            >
            > > I've added a size based BONUS tag for classes:
            > >
            > > BONUS:ESIZE|NUMBER|%
            > >
            > > It only affects AC and HIDE skill calculations.
            >
            > Question: will there be a way to modify *all* parts of Size, frex
            > one/twohanded weapon determination, weight carrying, prerequisites,
            etc?

            Currently the only way to modify all parts of size (AC, TOHIT, str,
            carrying, etc) is to change the SIZE: for the character. You can also
            set SIZE: in templates too.
          • elves_are_mortal
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
              --- In pcgen@y..., "jaymecox" <jayme@r...> wrote:

              > Currently the only way to modify all parts of size (AC, TOHIT, str,
              > carrying, etc) is to change the SIZE: for the character. You can
              also
              > set SIZE: in templates too.

              How would one go about doing that? Is SIZE:x a valid tag? If not,
              what about BONUS:VAR|SIZE|x where x is a number? I'm very interested
              in this, as my character has just gained the Dragon Disciple class,
              and becomes Large at 5th level. Note: Currently, if a TEMPLATE: tag
              is anywhere in the class list (i.e. given at tenth level), PCGen
              gives the character the template at first level. I'm pretty sure
              this is a bug.

              Thanks,
              Mortal_Elf
            • jaymecox
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
                --- In pcgen@y..., "elves_are_mortal" <elves_are_mortal@y...> wrote:
                > How would one go about doing that? Is SIZE:x a valid tag? If not,

                Yes, I think SIZE:L is a valid tag. Try it and let us know if it
                works....
              • elves_are_mortal
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 1, 2002
                  --- In pcgen@y..., "jaymecox" <jayme@r...> wrote:
                  > --- In pcgen@y..., "elves_are_mortal" <elves_are_mortal@y...> wrote:
                  > > How would one go about doing that? Is SIZE:x a valid tag? If
                  not,

                  > Yes, I think SIZE:L is a valid tag. Try it and let us know if it
                  > works....

                  Nope, not in a template. At least, it didn't appear to when I tried
                  it. None of my stats were increased, as one would expect from a
                  large creature.

                  Mortal_Elf