Drow Bladesinger

  • skullfyre99
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 24, 2002
      I noticed that in the latest version of PCgen....
      Is a drow not an elf? I have a Player that wants to use PCgen but it
      will not create a drow bladesinger.
      Any suggestions other than making an elf and then manually
      configuring the sheet?

      Thanks in advance
    • mynex3@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 24, 2002
        Actually, thanks for bringing this up. The Bladesinger at one point had
        some issues with this very problem... it was fixed way back then... then
        the ability to do Templates came up, and I didn't even think to update a
        couple of classes that use plain old Elf, Drow Elf... I'll make note of
        that and _try_ to get that in for the next release.

        Mynex

        - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys (Code Badgerer)
        - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
        - RPG Gateway - Software Section Editor
        - RPG Reviews - d20 section Editor/Reviewer

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Devoe
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 25, 2002
          Thanks

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
            I tried to create a Drow bladesinger into 2.4.7 and it still will not
            let me create it.

            :(

            What did I do to deserve this!!
            :(
          • Mynex
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
              Okay, silly question, but are you remembering to go to the spells tab
              and select 1 1st level spell? That's part of the pre-req's and the most
              commonly forgotten thing with the bladesinger.

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
                yes i did
                Okay, silly question, but are you remembering to go to the spells tab
                and select 1 1st level spell?  That's part of the pre-req's and the most
                commonly forgotten thing with the bladesinger.

                Mynex

                - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys (Code Badgerer)
                - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
                - RPG Gateway - Software Section Editor
                - RPG Reviews - d20 section Editor/Reviewer

              • tirgwaith
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 2, 2002
                  Ok, I just made a drow Bladesinger. Exact steps I followed:

                  I didn't remember what source the Bladesinger was in (Some Dragon),
                  so I went ahead and loaded ALL D20 - yeah, slow loading.

                  RACE: Elf (F. Realms), then choose the Drow you want. The single
                  entry Drows will NOT qualify currently (Elf, Half Elf, FR Elf).
                  Chose some alignment, can't remember which; shouldn't matter. 5
                  Levels of Fighter, getting appropriate Feats. 1 LVL Sorcerer. Went
                  to Feats tab. Picked up Combat Casting. Double checked that I had
                  all the feats. I'd somehow missed one. Added Expertise. Went to
                  Spells tab, and learned only one spell: Alarm (LVL 1). Went to
                  Skills tab. wasted a LOT of Fighter skillpoints to learn 4 Ranks
                  Concentration, 3 Ranks Tumble, 3 Ranks in Perform. NOT the Perform
                  dereviatives Perform (Chant) or Perform (Dancing), (((BTW: I don't
                  think the Perform Dancing is a true skill. I can't see Dragon
                  Magazine doing it that way. Will look into later and consult with My
                  Great Master, LST Silverback Mynex.)))

                  When I went back to the Classes tab, Bladesinger was black
                  (Qualified). Selected and added a level of it. Viola! Drow
                  Bladesinger.

                  I hope that by following this you can find what you are doing wrong.
                  I've got a feeling it is the Race. Do NOT use the Drow from the DMG,
                  or the one that will be coming from the MM in a couple weeks. They
                  won't qualify, at least without editing the current lst with the
                  Bladesinger.

                  Tir Gwaith
                  LST Chimp

                  > Okay, silly question, but are you remembering to go to the spells
                  tab
                  > and select 1 1st level spell? That's part of the pre-req's and
                  the most
                  > commonly forgotten thing with the bladesinger.
                  >
                  > Mynex
                  >
                  > - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkeys (Code Badgerer)
                  > - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
                  > - RPG Gateway - Software Section Editor
                  > - RPG Reviews - d20 section Editor/Reviewer

                  Service.
                • Mynex
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 2, 2002
                    Okay, I've added Drow to the list of races in the Bladesinger class
                    (Tome & Blood btw).. so the plain jane Drow from Dragon and DMG are
                    accepted.