Customization

  • bladewraith2001
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12, 2002
      I've been playing around with this option, creating all sorts of
      items. Two questions have come up:
      1. Why does the "throwing" option come up in lower case?
      2. (Sort of related) Shouldn't adding the "throwing" option to a
      melee weapon add the .Thrown type as well as the .Ranged?

      Thanks in advance,
      Tony.
    • gsbingl
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 12, 2002
        1. So as not to conflict with pre-existing naming conventions.
        i.e. Axe +1 (Throwing) (base item "Axe (Throwing)") is a valid item,
        which would/could be entirely different from Axe +1 (throwing) (base
        item "Axe").

        2. Don't know if it matters. Thought we got rid of any need for
        .Thrown when .Melee and .Ranged were combined to generate a (Thrown)
        variant on the csheet.

        Byngl

        --- In pcgen@y..., "bladewraith2001" <antonyvalente@a...> wrote:
        > I've been playing around with this option, creating all sorts of
        > items. Two questions have come up:
        > 1. Why does the "throwing" option come up in lower case?
        > 2. (Sort of related) Shouldn't adding the "throwing" option to a
        > melee weapon add the .Thrown type as well as the .Ranged?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Tony.
      • bladewraith2001
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 12, 2002
          Regarding Q1. OK that makes sense. But for Q.2 If you want to make a
          Returning melee weapon, you need to make it a Throwing weapon first.
          However, without the .Thrown type the customizer will not allow you
          to add the Returning type.

          Am I making sense here?

          Say you want to recreate Wulfgar's Aegis-Fang. This is a Warhammer +
          (x) Throwing/Returning. Under the current setup, the customizer will
          not allow you to make this item.

          Apologies if this seems garbled.
          Tony.
          --- In pcgen@y..., "gsbingl" <byngl@h...> wrote:
          > 1. So as not to conflict with pre-existing naming conventions.
          > i.e. Axe +1 (Throwing) (base item "Axe (Throwing)") is a valid
          item,
          > which would/could be entirely different from Axe +1 (throwing)
          (base
          > item "Axe").
          >
          > 2. Don't know if it matters. Thought we got rid of any need for
          > .Thrown when .Melee and .Ranged were combined to generate a
          (Thrown)
          > variant on the csheet.
          >
          > Byngl
          >
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "bladewraith2001" <antonyvalente@a...> wrote:
          > > I've been playing around with this option, creating all sorts of
          > > items. Two questions have come up:
          > > 1. Why does the "throwing" option come up in lower case?
          > > 2. (Sort of related) Shouldn't adding the "throwing" option to a
          > > melee weapon add the .Thrown type as well as the .Ranged?
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance,
          > > Tony.
        • gsbingl
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 13, 2002
            As regards to Q2. Not any more. I changed the CVS'd copy of the
            eqmods.lst so it requires Melee,Ranged instead of Thrown, so after
            next release, it should work properly.

            Byngl

            --- In pcgen@y..., "bladewraith2001" <antonyvalente@a...> wrote:
            > Regarding Q1. OK that makes sense. But for Q.2 If you want to make
            > Returning melee weapon, you need to make it a Throwing weapon
            first.
            > However, without the .Thrown type the customizer will not allow you
            > to add the Returning type.
            >
            > Am I making sense here?
            >
            > Say you want to recreate Wulfgar's Aegis-Fang. This is a Warhammer
            +
            > (x) Throwing/Returning. Under the current setup, the customizer
            will
            > not allow you to make this item.
            >
            > Apologies if this seems garbled.
            > Tony.
            > --- In pcgen@y..., "gsbingl" <byngl@h...> wrote:
            > > 1. So as not to conflict with pre-existing naming conventions.
            > > i.e. Axe +1 (Throwing) (base item "Axe (Throwing)") is a valid
            > item,
            > > which would/could be entirely different from Axe +1 (throwing)
            > (base
            > > item "Axe").
            > >
            > > 2. Don't know if it matters. Thought we got rid of any need for
            > > .Thrown when .Melee and .Ranged were combined to generate a
            > (Thrown)
            > > variant on the csheet.
            > >
            > > Byngl
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@y..., "bladewraith2001" <antonyvalente@a...> wrote:
            > > > I've been playing around with this option, creating all sorts
            of
            > > > items. Two questions have come up:
            > > > 1. Why does the "throwing" option come up in lower case?
            > > > 2. (Sort of related) Shouldn't adding the "throwing" option to
            > > > melee weapon add the .Thrown type as well as the .Ranged?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks in advance,
            > > > Tony.
          • Martin
            Message 5 of 7 , May 9, 2002
              Would it be possible to add a columun to the Item Cutomizer that states how
              many Market Price +X bonus it adds to weapons/armor?

              ---

            • direbear@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012
                How do we add custom content to LST data?
              • David R. Bender
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012
                  In the help documents, under "List Files" there is "LST File Class". You
                  can find the documentation on how to create customcontent there. If you
                  have any questionson how to enter something, ask them on the PCGen List
                  File Help group(link below,and copied on this reply)

                  -- david
                  Papa.DRB

                  My better half and me (jpg)