Some questions

  • Tom Deprez
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 11, 2002
      Hi all,

      some questions:

      1) Is it possible to remove domains after you selected some for your PC?
      How?
      2) Is it possible to add a new tab which displays the stats of the PC in a
      general way, this to ensure that the output on this tab should be the
      correct result.
      At the moment I printed a PC on two different sheet CSheetROG and
      CSheetROG_Combined. Both give a different AC outcome. I think the combined
      is doing something wrong since it add a misc 1 to the total AC, while I
      don't know where it is comming from. An extra tab which shows everything
      would be very handy for debugging and controlling the PC.

      Regards, Tom
    • merton_monk
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 11, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "Tom Deprez" <zifnabbe@u...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > some questions:
        >
        > 1) Is it possible to remove domains after you selected some for
        your PC?
        > How?

        In the Domain tab double-click on a Domain you want instead. PCGen
        will make sure you can only have the proper number selected at any
        given time. So selecting a new one will force the last one you
        selected to be de-selected. I think if you double-click on a domain
        you already have that it will be de-selected as well.

        > 2) Is it possible to add a new tab which displays the stats of the
        PC in a
        > general way, this to ensure that the output on this tab should be
        the
        > correct result.

        By stats do you mean Str, Dex, Con, etc.?
        I'll let ROG (or someone more familiar with the tokens used in the
        ROG sheets) handle why you get different results on those two
        sheets...

        -Bryan

        > At the moment I printed a PC on two different sheet CSheetROG and
        > CSheetROG_Combined. Both give a different AC outcome. I think the
        combined
        > is doing something wrong since it add a misc 1 to the total AC,
        while I
        > don't know where it is comming from. An extra tab which shows
        everything
        > would be very handy for debugging and controlling the PC.
        >
        > Regards, Tom
      • biglolowski
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 1 7:08 AM
          Hello,

          I am new to this group and to PCGen and do not know if my following
          questions have already been answered but I have found nothing with a
          simple search in the posts...

          So the questions (I am playing D&D3 with the core rules):
          1- I can't find in the Inventory section a full waterskin. Am I
          supposed to buy an empty waterskin and to buy 4 pints of water to
          fill it and have the equivalent of the waterskin in the PHB ?

          2- Same thing with the spell components pouch. Can I find a full
          version ? If no, where can I find stuff to put in in order to have a
          weight of 3 lbs ?

          3- Speaking of the spell components pouch, it has an empty weight of
          0.25 lb. Where does it come from ?

          4- In the Inventory section, what is the difference between "carried"
          and equiped ? If i have a backpack, should it be equipped or carried
          or has it no importance at all ?

          5- In the Spell section, is there a way to select the prepared spells
          from the known spells ? (There is a template for the spell list with
          a prepared spells section but I could not find the way to prepare a
          spell)

          6- In the Abilities section, is there a way to edit the special
          abilities without editing the data files ? No free text ?

          7- In the Skills section, what is the exclusive skill cost for ?

          8- In the Inventory section, why have I got a red "N" for all
          clothings in the Proficient tag of the description field ? Is the
          program trying to tell me I am not proficient in all clothings or is
          it ok and I shouldn't bother ?

          9- Will the companion section always be a free text tab or is it
          going to be reworked ?

          10- Is there a more up-to-date and/or complete documentation than the
          one provided via the help menu ?

          Thanks a lot for your answers and a huge thank you to the people who
          are creating, day after day, such a good program....

          lOlO
        • tirgwaith
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 1 8:05 AM
            Answers for what I can give:

            > 4- In the Inventory section, what is the difference
            between "carried"
            > and equiped ? If i have a backpack, should it be equipped or
            carried
            > or has it no importance at all ?

            Equipped allows benefits of that product, like Virtual Feats,
            Bonuses, etc. Carried just adds to encumbrance/weight carried. The
            first set of clothing worn doesn't add to the weight carried. If you
            want your character to wear two sets at once, then it will effect the
            weight. Any carried will also add weight.

            > 5- In the Spell section, is there a way to select the prepared
            spells
            > from the known spells ? (There is a template for the spell list
            with
            > a prepared spells section but I could not find the way to prepare a
            > spell)

            Book named field: enter a book name (Prepared is what I usually use),
            and click Add. Then switch the Book to the new one. You choices for
            spells is now limited to the Known spells. You can select these
            multiple times (Have Burning hands memorized 2 or more times). You
            will now be limited in the number of spells chosen by the number you
            can Cast per day. That book gets exported with different Csheets.

            > 6- In the Abilities section, is there a way to edit the special
            > abilities without editing the data files ? No free text ?

            Information can be entered Free text in the Bio and Description
            section (Description Tab)

            > 7- In the Skills section, what is the exclusive skill cost for ?

            Exclusive skills are those that must be trained only, and only for
            those classes with them as Class skills. The cost of 0 prevents
            adding ranks in it. Basically it doesn't allow you to buy ranks in
            skills that the class can't. A barbarian can't buy ranks in Animal
            Empathy, Decipher Script, Read Lips, Scry, Use Magic Device, even if
            she Milti-classes with Rogue or any other class that might give her
            the ability to pick up ranks in it. She can't use her Barbarian
            skill points to buy ranks in those skills.

            > 8- In the Inventory section, why have I got a red "N" for all
            > clothings in the Proficient tag of the description field ? Is the
            > program trying to tell me I am not proficient in all clothings or
            is
            > it ok and I shouldn't bother ?

            I haven't noticed a problem with it. If it causes issues with your
            Exported character, bring it up here.

            > 9- Will the companion section always be a free text tab or is it
            > going to be reworked ?

            That is going to be reworked (at least as far as I know), just not in
            the near future. There is a *lot* of coding to bring that up to
            speed. It is supposed to be a Familiars/Animal companions section,
            and applicable bonuses would apply, etc.

            > 10- Is there a more up-to-date and/or complete documentation than
            the
            > one provided via the help menu ?

            Currently our GUI is being Revamped. My Great Master, Mynex, and
            others are working on a Documentation Revamp also. Expect a really
            full and helpful documentation with lots of examples by GenCon. In
            the mean time, there are some files here at the Yahoo group Files
            section on some partial documents besides what is in the Docs folder
            in the releases.

            > Thanks a lot for your answers and a huge thank you to the people
            who
            > are creating, day after day, such a good program....

            Welcome to the Community. Thanks for being polite.

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
          • Keith Davies
            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 1 9:25 AM
              biglolowski wrote on Fri Mar 1 07:08:46 2002:

              > Hello,
              >
              > I am new to this group and to PCGen and do not know if my following
              > questions have already been answered but I have found nothing with a
              > simple search in the posts...
              >
              > So the questions (I am playing D&D3 with the core rules):
              > 1- I can't find in the Inventory section a full waterskin. Am I
              > supposed to buy an empty waterskin and to buy 4 pints of water to
              > fill it and have the equivalent of the waterskin in the PHB ?

              I think water would be free in most places....

              > 2- Same thing with the spell components pouch. Can I find a full
              > version ? If no, where can I find stuff to put in in order to have a
              > weight of 3 lbs ?

              Most DMs I know assume you have the components you need, and just need
              to keep track of expensive or hard to find stuff. The 'full' pouch you
              can buy may come stocked with common components.

              > 3- Speaking of the spell components pouch, it has an empty weight of
              > 0.25 lb. Where does it come from ?

              no idea.

              > 4- In the Inventory section, what is the difference between "carried"
              > and equiped ? If i have a backpack, should it be equipped or carried
              > or has it no importance at all ?

              Carried means that it's on you somewhere, equipped means 'in/at hand'
              or 'in use'. You can (reasonably) equip weapons and armor. You can
              also equip pens and scrolls, if you want, but it doesn't make sense
              to me (I haven't checked this, but I seem to remember equipping a
              bottle one time... seems like a plan, actually <gurgle>).

              There isn't a lot of difference between 'equipped' and 'carried',
              except in the AC calculations (and others, depending on the magic items
              equipped), and the weapon stats presented. I believe the program does
              the weapon calculations as if the weapons are equipped 'single weapon,
              primary hand' (except for weapons the wielder would have to use with
              two hands), but using two weapons, single weapon off-hand, or single
              weapon two-handed can make quite a difference.

              > 5- In the Spell section, is there a way to select the prepared spells
              > from the known spells ? (There is a template for the spell list with
              > a prepared spells section but I could not find the way to prepare a
              > spell)

              Not that I know of. Yet.

              > 6- In the Abilities section, is there a way to edit the special
              > abilities without editing the data files ? No free text ?

              Put it under 'Notes'

              > 7- In the Skills section, what is the exclusive skill cost for ?

              ? I don't remember seeing this, but I don't always pay attention
              well.

              > 8- In the Inventory section, why have I got a red "N" for all
              > clothings in the Proficient tag of the description field ? Is the
              > program trying to tell me I am not proficient in all clothings or is
              > it ok and I shouldn't bother ?

              It's not a weapon in your list, so presumably you aren't proficient
              with using them as weapons.

              > 9- Will the companion section always be a free text tab or is it
              > going to be reworked ?

              dunno. I think so.

              > 10- Is there a more up-to-date and/or complete documentation than the
              > one provided via the help menu ?

              Writing documentation? When we could be writing code? <g>

              Dunno.

              Keith
              --
              Keith Davies
              kjdavies@...

              Logan: "I don't think it's a good idea."
              Raven: "The vote is three to one against you -- me, the crystal ball,
              and the little voices in your head."
            • kos_keep
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 1 11:08 AM
                > 7- In the Skills section, what is the exclusive skill cost for ?

                I think most of your questions have been answered pretty well, but I
                think there is also something special about this one. There are
                times when you may want or require a character to have a certian
                skill such as: "But why can't I take Wilderness Lore, my history says
                I was raised by wolves!"

                In this case you can assign a value to the exclusive skill cost take
                the necessary skill then change it back to zero. I also like to
                assign a very high cost to it (say 10) then give the characters bonus
                skill points and assign them as abilities they have picked up a
                smattering of. They can now be used with just the stat bonus. It
                reflects experience outside the scope of their class.

                Personally I believe that there should only be a couple exclusive
                skills such as Use Magic Device for wizards. I believe that like in
                real life anyone should be allowed to learn anything given the proper
                experience and training. If a computer graphics artist and printer
                can also play 20+ musical instruments, read lips and rebuild a
                carburator why can't a wizard learn to read lips?

                kos_keep
                http://www.geocities.com/kos_keep/
              • Emily Smirle
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 2 8:46 AM
                  biglolowski wrote:

                  > Hello, 8- In the Inventory section, why have I got a red "N" for all
                  > clothings in the Proficient tag of the description field ? Is the
                  > program trying to tell me I am not proficient in all clothings or is
                  > it ok and I shouldn't bother ?

                  It means your character doesn't know how to wield clothing as a lethal
                  weapon... Unless this is part of your character concept, I wouldn't
                  worry about it if I were you. :)

                  --
                  "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
                  oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 3 10:31 PM
                    First, thank you all for your answers but I have some unanswered
                    questions...

                    --- In pcgen@y..., Keith Davies <kjdavies@t...> wrote:
                    > biglolowski wrote on Fri Mar 1 07:08:46 2002:

                    [SNIP]

                    > > 1- I can't find in the Inventory section a full waterskin. Am I
                    > > supposed to buy an empty waterskin and to buy 4 pints of water
                    > > fill it and have the equivalent of the waterskin in the PHB ?
                    >
                    > I think water would be free in most places....

                    My problem is not with buying water but to have the same weight for
                    a waterskin as in the PHB. I want to reflect the fact that a
                    waterskin has a weight of 4 lbs and not 0...

                    > > 2- Same thing with the spell components pouch. Can I find a full
                    > > version ? If no, where can I find stuff to put in in order to
                    have a
                    > > weight of 3 lbs ?
                    >
                    > Most DMs I know assume you have the components you need, and just
                    need
                    > to keep track of expensive or hard to find stuff. The 'full'
                    pouch you
                    > can buy may come stocked with common components.

                    Here, my problem is the same as the one of the first question. A
                    Spell component pouch weighs 3 lbs in the PHB and only 0.25 lb in
                    PCGen... How can I have the right weight ?

                    > > 3- Speaking of the spell components pouch, it has an empty
                    weight of
                    > > 0.25 lb. Where does it come from ?

                    ???

                    [SNIP]

                    Please help....

                    Thank you for your future answers...

                    lOlO
                  • biglolowski
                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 5 8:22 AM
                      So,
                      Can anyone tell me how to create a character with a spell component
                      pouch and a waterskin with the same weights as in the PHB ?
                      Let's say it is a contest ;)
                      Please, I have players not convinced with PCGen (they are used to
                      Steve Character Sheet) and I am trying to make them use this really
                      nice program.... but if you cannot create a character according to
                      the PHB I will have no arguments against them... ;)
                      Pleeeaaassse...

                      --- In pcgen@y..., "biglolowski" <betacam@w...> wrote:

                      > First, thank you all for your answers but I have some unanswered
                      > questions...
                      >
                      > --- In pcgen@y..., Keith Davies <kjdavies@t...> wrote:
                      > > biglolowski wrote on Fri Mar 1 07:08:46 2002:
                      > > >

                      > [SNIP]
                      >
                      > > > 1- I can't find in the Inventory section a full waterskin. Am I
                      > > > supposed to buy an empty waterskin and to buy 4 pints of water
                      > > > fill it and have the equivalent of the waterskin in the PHB ?
                      > >
                      > > I think water would be free in most places....
                      > >

                      > My problem is not with buying water but to have the same weight for
                      > a waterskin as in the PHB. I want to reflect the fact that a
                      > waterskin has a weight of 4 lbs and not 0...
                      >
                      > > > 2- Same thing with the spell components pouch. Can I find a
                      full
                      > > > version ? If no, where can I find stuff to put in in order to
                      > have a
                      > > > weight of 3 lbs ?
                      > >
                      > > Most DMs I know assume you have the components you need, and just
                      > need
                      > > to keep track of expensive or hard to find stuff. The 'full'
                      > pouch you
                      > > can buy may come stocked with common components.
                      > >

                      > Here, my problem is the same as the one of the first question. A
                      > Spell component pouch weighs 3 lbs in the PHB and only 0.25 lb in
                      > PCGen... How can I have the right weight ?
                      >
                      > > > 3- Speaking of the spell components pouch, it has an empty
                      > weight of
                      > > > 0.25 lb. Where does it come from ?
                      > >

                      > ???
                      >

                      > [SNIP]
                      >
                      > Please help....
                      >
                      > Thank you for your future answers...
                      >
                      > lOlO
                    • learyth
                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 5 12:15 PM
                        Yes you 'buy' 4 pints of water to go in your water skin and the
                        weight adds up correctly. The water has a cost of 0 so it is free.
                        The spell component pouch may just be a typo that needs to be fixed.
                        I looked in my players hb and its says 3lbs so I don't know where the
                        weight for the pouch comes from. Perhaps another source or errata has
                        a correction but if not then feel free to change the relevant file
                        and submit it here.
                        Leigh aka learyth
                        --- In pcgen@y..., "biglolowski" <betacam@w...> wrote:

                        > First, thank you all for your answers but I have some unanswered
                        > questions...
                        >
                        > --- In pcgen@y..., Keith Davies <kjdavies@t...> wrote:
                        > > biglolowski wrote on Fri Mar 1 07:08:46 2002:
                        > > >

                        > [SNIP]
                        >
                        > > > 1- I can't find in the Inventory section a full waterskin. Am I
                        > > > supposed to buy an empty waterskin and to buy 4 pints of water
                        > > > fill it and have the equivalent of the waterskin in the PHB ?
                        > >
                        > > I think water would be free in most places....
                        > >

                        > My problem is not with buying water but to have the same weight for
                        > a waterskin as in the PHB. I want to reflect the fact that a
                        > waterskin has a weight of 4 lbs and not 0...
                        >
                        > > > 2- Same thing with the spell components pouch. Can I find a
                        full
                        > > > version ? If no, where can I find stuff to put in in order to
                        > have a
                        > > > weight of 3 lbs ?
                        > >
                        > > Most DMs I know assume you have the components you need, and just
                        > need
                        > > to keep track of expensive or hard to find stuff. The 'full'
                        > pouch you
                        > > can buy may come stocked with common components.
                        > >

                        > Here, my problem is the same as the one of the first question. A
                        > Spell component pouch weighs 3 lbs in the PHB and only 0.25 lb in
                        > PCGen... How can I have the right weight ?
                        >
                        > > > 3- Speaking of the spell components pouch, it has an empty
                        > weight of
                        > > > 0.25 lb. Where does it come from ?
                        > >

                        > ???
                        >

                        > [SNIP]
                        >
                        > Please help....
                        >
                        > Thank you for your future answers...
                        >
                        > lOlO
                      • pjak
                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 6 2:04 AM
                          --- In pcgen@y..., "biglolowski" <betacam@w...> wrote:
                          > So,
                          > Can anyone tell me how to create a character with a spell component
                          > pouch and a waterskin with the same weights as in the PHB ?
                          > Let's say it is a contest ;)
                          > Please, I have players not convinced with PCGen (they are used to
                          > Steve Character Sheet) and I am trying to make them use this really
                          > nice program.... but if you cannot create a character according to
                          > the PHB I will have no arguments against them... ;)
                          > Pleeeaaassse...

                          The quick and easy answer (which means that you will have to reapply
                          this change every time you update pcgen, but as I've changed it so it
                          will be right in the next release that doesn't really matter ;-) is
                          to find this line:

                          Pouch (Spell Component) TYPE:Goods.Container.Tools.Resizable
                          Cost:5 WT:.25 CONTAINS:3|SpellComponent=10
                          SOURCEPAGE:p.

                          in:

                          data/wotc/sourcebooks/dungeonsanddragons/core/playershandbook/playersh
                          bequip.lst

                          and change the WT:.25 to WT:3.0.

                          /Jonas
                        • backlash_de
                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 6 3:35 AM
                            --- In pcgen@y..., "biglolowski" <betacam@w...> wrote:
                            > So,
                            > Can anyone tell me how to create a character with a spell component
                            > pouch and a waterskin with the same weights as in the PHB ?
                            > Let's say it is a contest ;)
                            > Please, I have players not convinced with PCGen (they are used to
                            > Steve Character Sheet) and I am trying to make them use this really
                            > nice program.... but if you cannot create a character according to
                            > the PHB I will have no arguments against them... ;)
                            > Pleeeaaassse...

                            Create your own custom lst file.
                            Copy the exiting entries for waterskin and component pouch, modify
                            them accordingly, add your on pcc file and tada your done.

                            Look at Customise.htm in pcgen/doc folder for a quick reference.
                            You should place your custom stuff in the pcgen/data/customsources
                            folder.

                            Kinson
                          • backlash_de
                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 6 3:40 AM
                              --- In pcgen@y..., "backlash_de" <ravenlock@g...> wrote:
                              > --- In pcgen@y..., "biglolowski" <betacam@w...> wrote:
                              > > So,
                              > > Can anyone tell me how to create a character with a spell
                              > > component pouch and a waterskin with the same weights as in the
                              > > PHB ?
                              > > Let's say it is a contest ;)

                              Did you ever try to put water in the water skin?
                              It should be available for free ...

                              (And if your players won't use PCGen because they can't figure out,
                              how to fill a water skin - well, don't make them use it ... PCGen is
                              beta software, has many bugs and is bound to change a lot - who would
                              ever willingly use such a bad software?)

                              Kinson
                            • biglolowski
                              Message 14 of 21 , Mar 6 5:32 AM
                                --- In pcgen@y..., "backlash_de" <ravenlock@g...> wrote:
                                > --- In pcgen@y..., "backlash_de" <ravenlock@g...> wrote:
                                > > --- In pcgen@y..., "biglolowski" <betacam@w...> wrote:
                                > > > So,
                                > > > Can anyone tell me how to create a character with a spell
                                > > > component pouch and a waterskin with the same weights as in the
                                > > > PHB ?
                                > > > Let's say it is a contest ;)
                                >
                                > Did you ever try to put water in the water skin?
                                > It should be available for free ...
                                >
                                > (And if your players won't use PCGen because they can't figure out,
                                > how to fill a water skin - well, don't make them use it ... PCGen
                                is
                                > beta software, has many bugs and is bound to change a lot - who
                                would
                                > ever willingly use such a bad software?)
                                >
                                > Kinson

                                ;)

                                Ok, I'll do what you suggest (create my own .lst files and buy a
                                waterskin + 4 lbs of water... just looks strange to me)...
                                I am a little surprised by the fact you don't have access to the
                                equipement of the PHB when loading the PHB source....
                              • Emily Smirle
                                Message 15 of 21 , Mar 6 6:13 AM
                                  biglolowski wrote:

                                  > So,
                                  > Can anyone tell me how to create a character with a spell component
                                  > pouch and a waterskin with the same weights as in the PHB ?
                                  > Let's say it is a contest ;)
                                  > Please, I have players not convinced with PCGen (they are used to
                                  > Steve Character Sheet) and I am trying to make them use this really
                                  > nice program.... but if you cannot create a character according to
                                  > the PHB I will have no arguments against them... ;)
                                  > Pleeeaaassse...

                                  Actually, those weights are in accordance to the PHB. later on in the
                                  equipment chapter they have the empty weights and carrying capacities of
                                  various items...

                                  but anyhoo, if you want "pre-filled" items, then here's what ya gotta do. :)

                                  Open playershbequip.lst (in the
                                  /wotc/sourcebooks/dungeonsanddragons/core/playershandbook folder)
                                  Find the lines that start with
                                  "Waterskin" and "Pouch (Spell Component)"
                                  look for the entries marked WT: later on the same line, and adjust the
                                  numbers following WT: to your preferred values.

                                  now, this will be overwritten the next time you update your datafiles,
                                  so there are more sophisticated options you could use instead.

                                  for instance, copying those modified lines and pasting them into a new
                                  text file ending in .lst, and then writing a .pcc to load that .lst file.

                                  Even more sophisticated would be to edit your custom pcc so it loads all
                                  the phb stuff for you, but EXCLUDE's the 'incorrect' entries, and *then*
                                  loads your custom file.

                                  Hope this helps. I could probably pump out the desired pcc for you, but
                                  right now I have no time.
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Mar 6 6:25 AM
                                    --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
                                    > biglolowski wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > So,
                                    > > Can anyone tell me how to create a character with a spell
                                    component
                                    > > pouch and a waterskin with the same weights as in the PHB ?
                                    > > Let's say it is a contest ;)
                                    > > Please, I have players not convinced with PCGen (they are used to
                                    > > Steve Character Sheet) and I am trying to make them use this
                                    really
                                    > > nice program.... but if you cannot create a character according
                                    > > the PHB I will have no arguments against them... ;)
                                    > > Pleeeaaassse...
                                    >

                                    > Actually, those weights are in accordance to the PHB. later on in
                                    the
                                    > equipment chapter they have the empty weights and carrying
                                    capacities of
                                    > various items...
                                    >

                                    > but anyhoo, if you want "pre-filled" items, then here's what ya
                                    gotta do. :)

                                    > Open playershbequip.lst (in the
                                    > /wotc/sourcebooks/dungeonsanddragons/core/playershandbook folder)
                                    > Find the lines that start with
                                    > "Waterskin" and "Pouch (Spell Component)"
                                    > look for the entries marked WT: later on the same line, and adjust
                                    the
                                    > numbers following WT: to your preferred values.
                                    >
                                    > now, this will be overwritten the next time you update your
                                    datafiles,
                                    > so there are more sophisticated options you could use instead.
                                    >
                                    > for instance, copying those modified lines and pasting them into a
                                    new
                                    > text file ending in .lst, and then writing a .pcc to load that .lst
                                    file.

                                    > Even more sophisticated would be to edit your custom pcc so it
                                    loads all
                                    > the phb stuff for you, but EXCLUDE's the 'incorrect' entries, and
                                    *then*
                                    > loads your custom file.
                                    >
                                    > Hope this helps. I could probably pump out the desired pcc for you,
                                    but
                                    > right now I have no time.
                                    > --
                                    > "Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total
                                    > oblivion. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me
                                    and
                                    > through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to
                                    > see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing.
                                    > Only I will remain." - www.goats.com

                                    Hello,
                                    Thanks a lot for your answers.
                                    In fact, I've just copied the phb equipment .lst file copying/pasting
                                    the lines for the waterskin and the spell component pouch and
                                    changing their weights while adding (full) to their names...
                                    Maybe it could be done in the official files ?
                                    Bye
                                  • merton_monk
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Mar 6 6:32 AM
                                      If you don't like the cost or weight of something and you want to
                                      override it and not worry about subsequent releases, you could create
                                      your own campaign.
                                      Create your own pcc files (include the header that's in every pcc
                                      file - CAMPAIGN: GAME: SOURCE:)
                                      Something like
                                      CAMPAIGN:Custom Source Material
                                      GAME:DnD
                                      RANK:9
                                      SOURCE:my own campaign

                                      EQUIPMENT:customequipment.lst

                                      save this file as customcampaign.pcc in the customsources directory.
                                      Then create a file in that directory called customequipment.lst with
                                      the following:
                                      Waterskin.MOD[tab]WT:x
                                      Pouch (Spell Component)[tab]WT:x

                                      where [tab] is an actual tab character and x is the weight you want
                                      those items to have. When you load your source after loading the
                                      PHB, these values will override those from the PHB. You can override
                                      any of the other attributes as well (Cost, Type, Contains, you can
                                      add BONUS:, DEFINE: and VFEAT: tags, etc.)

                                      If you want Skill Focus to be +3 instead of +2, just add
                                      SKILLS:customskills.lst to your customsource.pcc file and in
                                      customskills.lst add
                                      Skill Focus.MOD[tab]BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
                                      and you're done.

                                      Easy, huh? :)

                                      -Bryan

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Mar 6 6:36 AM
                                        merton_monk wrote:

                                        <snips MOD stuff>

                                        > Easy, huh? :)

                                        WOOHOOO! This is *working*? <bliss>

                                        *dances around like a lunatic* My files are shrinking, my files are
                                        shrinking!

                                        Can I mix MOD entries and new entries in the same file?
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Mar 6 6:50 AM
                                          --- In pcgen@y..., Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
                                          > merton_monk wrote:
                                          >
                                          > <snips MOD stuff>
                                          >
                                          > > Easy, huh? :)
                                          >

                                          > WOOHOOO! This is *working*? <bliss>
                                          >
                                          > *dances around like a lunatic* My files are shrinking, my files are
                                          > shrinking!
                                          >
                                          > Can I mix MOD entries and new entries in the same file?

                                          Yup. class .MOD entries are the only oddity - those you have to
                                          specify the require fields again before you can overwrite any of the
                                          tag values. For the other kinds of files there's no way to override
                                          the required columns since you don't include them (though few other
                                          files have required fields and we plan on removing all required
                                          fields and making them all tagged in the near future anyway...)

                                          -Bryan

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Mar 6 6:59 AM
                                            --- In pcgen@y..., Thomas Clegg <arknight@s...> wrote:
                                            > Bryan,
                                            >
                                            > What files does the .MOD work in? I haven't seen anything at all
                                            in the
                                            > customize docs... (I know, I know.... wait on the new version,
                                            huh? :-) )

                                            All of them. And yes... I've been a bad boy and haven't added that
                                            to the documentation yet.... a few too many other things going on
                                            right now. As soon as the GUI revamp is complete the documentation
                                            re-write gets first priority.

                                            -Bryan

                                            > Tom
                                            >
                                            > > save this file as customcampaign.pcc in the customsources
                                            directory.
                                            > > Then create a file in that directory called customequipment.lst
                                            with
                                            > > the following:
                                            > > Waterskin.MOD[tab]WT:x
                                            > > Pouch (Spell Component)[tab]WT:x
                                            > >
                                            > > where [tab] is an actual tab character and x is the weight you
                                            want
                                            > > those items to have. When you load your source after loading the
                                            > > PHB, these values will override those from the PHB. You can
                                            override
                                            > > any of the other attributes as well (Cost, Type, Contains, you can
                                            > > add BONUS:, DEFINE: and VFEAT: tags, etc.)
                                            > >
                                            > > If you want Skill Focus to be +3 instead of +2, just add
                                            > > SKILLS:customskills.lst to your customsource.pcc file and in
                                            > > customskills.lst add
                                            > > Skill Focus.MOD[tab]BONUS:SKILL|LIST|1
                                            > > and you're done.
                                            > >
                                            > > Easy, huh? :)