New armor tags [was Re: PCGen 2.4.2 is available]

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 44 , Feb 1, 2002
      To get the total bonus to your armor class due to your Armor bonus,
      PCGen will search for:
      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|x|TYPE=Armor
      if you have multiple bonus tags like this, only the greatest value is
      retained. We'll call this resulting largest value 'A'.
      PCGen will also find all occurences of
      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|x|TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
      these values are all summed together. We'll call this resulting
      sum 'B'.
      PCGen will also find all occurences of
      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|x|TYPE=Armor.STACK
      these values are also summed together. We'll call this resulting
      sum 'C'.

      The actual bonus due from the Armor bonus is equal to the greater of
      A and B, which is then added to C. max(A,B) + C.

      This means that armor and shields should all have TYPE=Armor.REPLACE
      on them (they stack and their sum replaces any TYPE=Armor value if
      their sum is greater). TYPE=Armor.STACK is a way to indicate that
      this value stacks no matter what. All other items which give an
      armor bonus should just have TYPE=Armor.

      The one short-fall of this is if someone equips 2 shields - they'll
      get both bonuses, but this is rare enough and I'm not sure but PCGen
      might already have rules in place that only let you equip 1 shield at
      a time. I think I can live with that being a known issue. :)

      Does that clear things up? I know it's a bit complicated - but
      that's what it took to get no-types-stack-with-the-exception-of-armor-
      and-shields.

      -Bryan

      --- In pcgen@y..., "skaven_13_13" <skaven13@a...> wrote:
      > Bryan, since this is kinda on topic...
      >
      > How does these new armor tags work (.replace and .stack)?
      >
      > Chris the lst badger
    • Scott Ellsworth
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 4, 2002
        On Monday, February 4, 2002, at 02:17 PM, merton_monk wrote:

        > Nope - I'm not using threads at all. FWIW I use WinNT and Win98
        > machines and have never seen a crash when clicking on that JComboBox
        > component... have you tried using a different skin? I'd be curious to
        > know if that could be involved somehow.

        I am not using any skins at the moment - I will spend a bit of time
        tracking this down tomorrow. (But please leave the "name only" option
        in the pull down till I get a chance to, as that does not cause grief.)

        Scott