RE: OK, can someone tell me how to do this right?

  • Zach
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
      > Don't use the | separator.

      > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1

      > That should work.

      Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. :(
      Every time I try to buy the feat, PCGen simply fails to give it to me, with
      no error or anything. It simply won't allow me to buy it, even though it
      shows me as qualified for it.

      If anyone could look over the feats and see if they notice what I'm doing
      wrong, I'd appreciate it. I've attached the lst file. Thanks in advance
      for any help anyone is willing to give.

      - Z a c h
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
        Would CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=x work?

        --- In pcgen@y..., "Zach" <zachslists@y...> wrote:
        > > Don't use the | separator.
        >
        > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1
        >
        > > That should work.
        >
        > Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for
        me. :(
        > Every time I try to buy the feat, PCGen simply fails to give it to
        me, with
        > no error or anything. It simply won't allow me to buy it, even
        though it
        > shows me as qualified for it.
        >
        > If anyone could look over the feats and see if they notice what I'm
        doing
        > wrong, I'd appreciate it. I've attached the lst file. Thanks in
        advance
        > for any help anyone is willing to give.
        >

        > - Z a c h
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
          Are you doing this in a class file? ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter) seems to
          be working just fine for Fighter. If you're doing this in a feat
          file, then ADD: does not exist and you need to use the CHOOSE: tag.

          btw- you can send attached files here. They get truncated. You can
          always upload them to the "Need Help With Files" folder here.

          -Bryan

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Zach" <zachslists@y...> wrote:
          > > Don't use the | separator.
          >
          > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1
          >
          > > That should work.

        • zachslists
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
            --- In pcgen@y..., "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
            > Would CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=x work?

            Nope, I tried that. If you do that, you get a popup
            with two choices: FEAT and Type=x. It is an improvement
            over ADD:Feat(Type=x)1 however, in that it actually allows
            me to selcect the feat instead of just failing to give it
            to me altogether. :)
          • zachslists
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
              > Are you doing this in a class file? ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter) seems
              > be working just fine for Fighter. If you're doing this in a feat
              > file, then ADD: does not exist and you need to use the CHOOSE: tag.

              That would be a problem, then, as I was trying to do it in a feat
              file. Another person suggested using CHOOSE as well, and I followed
              his advice, and changed it to CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx However, that
              doesn't seem to work either. It lets me selelct the feat, but the
              choices I get are "FEAT" and "Type=xxx", not the actual feats that
              have xxx as their type. I've uploaded the files to the need help
              with file section, if anyone wants to give it a look-see. You should
              just be able to drop the folder into your data file. It's called
              Planescape.zip

              Again, thanks for your help.

              - Z a c h
            • merton_monk
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                I think someone mentioned CHOOSE:FEAT not working properly in the
                feat files. CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx is the right way to do it - the
                fact that it doesn't work means it's a bug. Could you make a quick
                look through our bug list at sourceforge, and if this hasn't been
                entered, go ahead and add it? This is one that should be fairly easy
                to fix.

                -Bryan

                --- In pcgen@y..., "zachslists" <zachslists@y...> wrote:
                > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
                > > Are you doing this in a class file? ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter) seems
                > > be working just fine for Fighter. If you're doing this in a feat
                > > file, then ADD: does not exist and you need to use the CHOOSE:
                tag.

                > That would be a problem, then, as I was trying to do it in a feat
                > file. Another person suggested using CHOOSE as well, and I
                followed
                > his advice, and changed it to CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx However, that
                > doesn't seem to work either. It lets me selelct the feat, but the
                > choices I get are "FEAT" and "Type=xxx", not the actual feats that
                > have xxx as their type. I've uploaded the files to the need help
                > with file section, if anyone wants to give it a look-see. You
                should
                > just be able to drop the folder into your data file. It's called
                > Planescape.zip
                >
                > Again, thanks for your help.
                >

                > - Z a c h
              • zachslists
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                  > I think someone mentioned CHOOSE:FEAT not working properly in the
                  > feat files. CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx is the right way to do it - the
                  > fact that it doesn't work means it's a bug. Could you make a quick
                  > look through our bug list at sourceforge, and if this hasn't been
                  > entered, go ahead and add it? This is one that should be fairly
                  easy
                  > to fix.

                  OK. I submited the bug.

                  - Z a c h