PCGEN HELP

  • green_irish_knight
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
      I have used PCGen almost since the beginning, I had a few problems
      with my laptop and had to reinstall the JRE 1.3.1. from Sun. But the
      only one I found is 1.3.1_02 , my PCGen now will not open. When you
      click on the pcgen.jar, it opens the dialog box for which program you
      want to open it with. Where can I get the old JRE or is there
      something else wrong with my laptop. it is a PII 133mhz. I know its
      old but it is for portability.

      Kevin
    • Mynex
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
        Well, that's the version of JRE that I (and I know several others) use,
        so it's probably just a matter of making sure the path is set to include
        it. Or it could be that you downloaded the JRE and forgot to install
        it, thinking you did.

        Double check to make sure that it did get installed and that it is
        included in your path environment first. If those are good to go, then
        we'll go from there. :)

        Mynex

        - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
        - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
        - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

        I have used PCGen almost since the beginning, I had a few problems
        with my laptop and had to reinstall the JRE 1.3.1. from Sun. But the
        only one I found is 1.3.1_02 , my PCGen now will not open. When you
        click on the pcgen.jar, it opens the dialog box for which program you
        want to open it with. Where can I get the old JRE or is there
        something else wrong with my laptop. it is a PII 133mhz. I know its
        old but it is for portability.

        Kevin

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Franco, Matthew E
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
          try using the .bat file to execute the program.

          -Matt