Re: [BUG] 2.4.2 Clerics

  • gsbingl
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
      The line that caused this to break was:

      ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
      Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead

      which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
      "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"

      This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28

      PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
      previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
      %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
      for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

      This is now fixed in CVS.

      Byngl

    • cryan+yahoo@pisoftware.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
        Quoting gsbingl <byngl@...>:

        > The line that caused this to break was:
        >
        > ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
        > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead
        >
        > which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
        > "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"
        >
        > This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28
        >
        > PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
        > previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
        > %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
        > for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

        Damn. Sorry about that. That's what I get for not quite
        understanding that area of code and attempting a quick fix.

        > This is now fixed in CVS.

        Thanks.

        Chris
      • Mynex
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
          So did the code need to be tweaked to handle this or did the list file
          get tweaked?

          Mynex

          - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
          - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
          - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

          ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
          Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead

          which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
          "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"

          This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28

          PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
          previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
          %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
          for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

          This is now fixed in CVS.

          Byngl

          --- In pcgen@y..., Chris Ryan <cryan+yahoo@p...> wrote:

          > Chris Ryan wrote:
          >

          > > Mynex wrote:
          > >

          > >>Confirmed.  The 1st level of cleric does not show up.  This only
          happens
          > >>with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).
          > >>

          > > The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken.  I think
          it's

          > > trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
          > > not parsing it correctly.
          >

          > Now fixed in CVS.
          >

          > --
          > Chris Ryan           | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
          > cryan@P... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
            --- In pcgen@y..., cryan+yahoo@p... wrote:
            > Quoting gsbingl <byngl@h...>:
            >
            > > The line that caused this to break was:
            > >
            > > ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
            > > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead
            > >
            > > which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
            > > "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"
            > >
            > > This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28
            > >
            > > PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
            > > previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
            > > %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per
            day
            > > for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.
            >
            > Damn. Sorry about that. That's what I get for not quite
            > understanding that area of code and attempting a quick fix.

            To be fair - it was my checkin on jan 28 that broke it. I thought
            for sure I had tested clerics. My code had the assumption that it
            would be always be in the form of ADD:label(some stuff)n but this has
            some text after the last ).

            > > This is now fixed in CVS.
            >
            > Thanks.

            My thanks too! I think I'll focus on bugs for this next week to
            clear as many out as possible before getting back to GUI stuff.

            -Bryan

            > Chris
          • merton_monk
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002