Re: Equip management GUI

  • pjak
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 31, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., Peter Kahle <pkahle@p...> wrote:
      > One thing to watch out for, though, is how to move a container in
      the
      > right pane to another container in the right pane. If I remember,
      Drag &
      > Drop didn't work inside of a tabbed pane when it was tried a while
      back.

      If nothing else, it can probably be handled via cut & paste.
      Reasonably similar metaphor, and people are used to it.

      /Jonas
    • STILES, BRAD
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 1, 2002

        While it's true that D&D apparently doesn't work correctly, there are other
        ways to accomplish the same thing, without much loss in ease of use.

        One way may be a method similar to cut and paste in other applications:
        right click the item that is to be moved, choose "Move this item" from the
        context menu that pops up, then right click the item it's to be moved into
        and choose "Move here" from that context menu.

        Another might be two arrows next to the pane, which when clicked, move the
        highlighted item up or down in the tree.

        Drag & Drop is nice, but it's not the only way to skin that displacer beast.

        Brad
      • Brian Yap
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 1, 2002
          Mark Hulsman wrote:

          > > Also, what about characters with nonstandard limbs, 4 arms (Xill) or 4
          > legs (Centaur), if you hard code for strictly humanoid you leave out
          > possible character combinations.
          >
          > Absolutely nothing on this tab will be hardcoded. All the available slots
          > will be defined ina lst file and the same file will define the number of
          > slots the default humanoid has. Then the races can change around the
          > slots
          > to match. SO 4 armed, 2 headed 8 legged will be perfectly fine and
          > all the
          > slots on the tab will be dynamically generated.

          Is a location also required for the equipment item. For example,

          RING FITS:Finger,Toe,Tentacle

          The problem here is that it is hard to know in advance what locations will be available.

          --
          =====
          Brian Yap