Re: Equip management GUI

  • pjak
    Message 1 of 26 , Jan 31, 2002
      --- In pcgen@y..., RageHeart <rageheart@w...> wrote:
      > BTW: what exactly do the rules say about magic items on exotic
      creatures?? ie. a hydra with 9 different Benificial necklaces
      (granted not use activated ones.)

      I'm fairly certain that all races (irrespective of the number of
      appendages) get to wear the same number of magical items. Which
      probably means that there must be some way to set the number of limbs
      that can carry magical items.

      /Jonas
    • pjak
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 31, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., Peter Kahle <pkahle@p...> wrote:
        > One thing to watch out for, though, is how to move a container in
        the
        > right pane to another container in the right pane. If I remember,
        Drag &
        > Drop didn't work inside of a tabbed pane when it was tried a while
        back.

        If nothing else, it can probably be handled via cut & paste.
        Reasonably similar metaphor, and people are used to it.

        /Jonas
      • STILES, BRAD
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 1, 2002

          While it's true that D&D apparently doesn't work correctly, there are other
          ways to accomplish the same thing, without much loss in ease of use.

          One way may be a method similar to cut and paste in other applications:
          right click the item that is to be moved, choose "Move this item" from the
          context menu that pops up, then right click the item it's to be moved into
          and choose "Move here" from that context menu.

          Another might be two arrows next to the pane, which when clicked, move the
          highlighted item up or down in the tree.

          Drag & Drop is nice, but it's not the only way to skin that displacer beast.

          Brad
        • Brian Yap
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 1, 2002
            Mark Hulsman wrote:

            > > Also, what about characters with nonstandard limbs, 4 arms (Xill) or 4
            > legs (Centaur), if you hard code for strictly humanoid you leave out
            > possible character combinations.
            >
            > Absolutely nothing on this tab will be hardcoded. All the available slots
            > will be defined ina lst file and the same file will define the number of
            > slots the default humanoid has. Then the races can change around the
            > slots
            > to match. SO 4 armed, 2 headed 8 legged will be perfectly fine and
            > all the
            > slots on the tab will be dynamically generated.

            Is a location also required for the equipment item. For example,

            RING FITS:Finger,Toe,Tentacle

            The problem here is that it is hard to know in advance what locations will be available.

            --
            =====
            Brian Yap