Re: [pcgen] [BUG] 2.4.2 Clerics

  • Chris Ryan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
      Chris Ryan wrote:

      > Mynex wrote:
      >

      >>Confirmed. The 1st level of cleric does not show up. This only happens
      >>with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).
      >>

      > The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken. I think it's
      >
      > trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
      > not parsing it correctly.

      Now fixed in CVS.

      --
      Chris Ryan | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
      cryan@... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
        The line that caused this to break was:

        ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
        Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead

        which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
        "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"

        This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28

        PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
        previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
        %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
        for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

        This is now fixed in CVS.

        Byngl

      • cryan+yahoo@pisoftware.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
          Quoting gsbingl <byngl@...>:

          > The line that caused this to break was:
          >
          > ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
          > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead
          >
          > which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
          > "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"
          >
          > This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28
          >
          > PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
          > previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
          > %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
          > for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

          Damn. Sorry about that. That's what I get for not quite
          understanding that area of code and attempting a quick fix.

          > This is now fixed in CVS.

          Thanks.

          Chris
        • Mynex
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
            So did the code need to be tweaked to handle this or did the list file
            get tweaked?

            Mynex

            - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
            - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
            - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

            ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
            Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead

            which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
            "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"

            This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28

            PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
            previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
            %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
            for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

            This is now fixed in CVS.

            Byngl

            --- In pcgen@y..., Chris Ryan <cryan+yahoo@p...> wrote:

            > Chris Ryan wrote:
            >

            > > Mynex wrote:
            > >

            > >>Confirmed.  The 1st level of cleric does not show up.  This only
            happens
            > >>with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).
            > >>

            > > The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken.  I think
            it's

            > > trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
            > > not parsing it correctly.
            >

            > Now fixed in CVS.
            >

            > --
            > Chris Ryan           | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
            > cryan@P... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • merton_monk
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
              --- In pcgen@y..., cryan+yahoo@p... wrote:
              > Quoting gsbingl <byngl@h...>:
              >
              > > The line that caused this to break was:
              > >
              > > ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
              > > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead
              > >
              > > which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
              > > "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"
              > >
              > > This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28
              > >
              > > PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
              > > previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
              > > %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per
              day
              > > for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.
              >
              > Damn. Sorry about that. That's what I get for not quite
              > understanding that area of code and attempting a quick fix.

              To be fair - it was my checkin on jan 28 that broke it. I thought
              for sure I had tested clerics. My code had the assumption that it
              would be always be in the form of ADD:label(some stuff)n but this has
              some text after the last ).

              > > This is now fixed in CVS.
              >
              > Thanks.

              My thanks too! I think I'll focus on bugs for this next week to
              clear as many out as possible before getting back to GUI stuff.

              -Bryan

              > Chris
            • merton_monk
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002