Re: [pcgen] [BUG] 2.4.2 Clerics

  • Chris Ryan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
      Mynex wrote:

      > Confirmed. The 1st level of cleric does not show up. This only happens
      > with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).

      The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken. I think it's

      trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
      not parsing it correctly.

      --
      Chris Ryan | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
      cryan@... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
        Chris Ryan wrote:

        > Mynex wrote:
        >

        >>Confirmed. The 1st level of cleric does not show up. This only happens
        >>with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).
        >>

        > The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken. I think it's
        >
        > trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
        > not parsing it correctly.

        Now fixed in CVS.

        --
        Chris Ryan | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
        cryan@... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/
      • gsbingl
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
          The line that caused this to break was:

          ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
          Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead

          which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
          "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"

          This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28

          PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
          previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
          %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
          for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

          This is now fixed in CVS.

          Byngl

        • cryan+yahoo@pisoftware.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
            Quoting gsbingl <byngl@...>:

            > The line that caused this to break was:
            >
            > ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
            > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead
            >
            > which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
            > "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"
            >
            > This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28
            >
            > PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
            > previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
            > %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
            > for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

            Damn. Sorry about that. That's what I get for not quite
            understanding that area of code and attempting a quick fix.

            > This is now fixed in CVS.

            Thanks.

            Chris
          • Mynex
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
              So did the code need to be tweaked to handle this or did the list file
              get tweaked?

              Mynex

              - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
              - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
              - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

              ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
              Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead

              which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
              "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"

              This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28

              PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
              previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
              %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
              for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

              This is now fixed in CVS.

              Byngl

              --- In pcgen@y..., Chris Ryan <cryan+yahoo@p...> wrote:

              > Chris Ryan wrote:
              >

              > > Mynex wrote:
              > >

              > >>Confirmed.  The 1st level of cleric does not show up.  This only
              happens
              > >>with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).
              > >>

              > > The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken.  I think
              it's

              > > trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
              > > not parsing it correctly.
              >

              > Now fixed in CVS.
              >

              > --
              > Chris Ryan           | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
              > cryan@P... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • merton_monk
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                --- In pcgen@y..., cryan+yahoo@p... wrote:
                > Quoting gsbingl <byngl@h...>:
                >
                > > The line that caused this to break was:
                > >
                > > ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
                > > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead
                > >
                > > which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
                > > "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"
                > >
                > > This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28
                > >
                > > PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
                > > previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
                > > %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per
                day
                > > for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.
                >
                > Damn. Sorry about that. That's what I get for not quite
                > understanding that area of code and attempting a quick fix.

                To be fair - it was my checkin on jan 28 that broke it. I thought
                for sure I had tested clerics. My code had the assumption that it
                would be always be in the form of ADD:label(some stuff)n but this has
                some text after the last ).

                > > This is now fixed in CVS.
                >
                > Thanks.

                My thanks too! I think I'll focus on bugs for this next week to
                clear as many out as possible before getting back to GUI stuff.

                -Bryan

                > Chris
              • merton_monk
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002