RE: [pcgen] [BUG] 2.4.2 Clerics

  • Mynex
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
      Confirmed. The 1st level of cleric does not show up. This only happens
      with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).

      Mynex

      - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
      - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
      - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
        Mynex wrote:

        > Confirmed. The 1st level of cleric does not show up. This only happens
        > with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).

        The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken. I think it's

        trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
        not parsing it correctly.

        --
        Chris Ryan | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
        cryan@... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
          Chris Ryan wrote:

          > Mynex wrote:
          >

          >>Confirmed. The 1st level of cleric does not show up. This only happens
          >>with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).
          >>

          > The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken. I think it's
          >
          > trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
          > not parsing it correctly.

          Now fixed in CVS.

          --
          Chris Ryan | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
          cryan@... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/
        • gsbingl
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
            The line that caused this to break was:

            ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
            Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead

            which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
            "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"

            This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28

            PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
            previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
            %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
            for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

            This is now fixed in CVS.

            Byngl

          • cryan+yahoo@pisoftware.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
              Quoting gsbingl <byngl@...>:

              > The line that caused this to break was:
              >
              > ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
              > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead
              >
              > which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
              > "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"
              >
              > This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28
              >
              > PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
              > previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
              > %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
              > for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

              Damn. Sorry about that. That's what I get for not quite
              understanding that area of code and attempting a quick fix.

              > This is now fixed in CVS.

              Thanks.

              Chris
            • Mynex

                ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
                Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead

                which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
                "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"

                This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28

                PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
                previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
                %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
                for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

                This is now fixed in CVS.

                Byngl

                --- In pcgen@y..., Chris Ryan <cryan+yahoo@p...> wrote:

                > Chris Ryan wrote:
                >

                > > Mynex wrote:
                > >

                > >>Confirmed.  The 1st level of cleric does not show up.  This only
                happens
                > >>with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).
                > >>

                > > The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken.  I think
                it's

                > > trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
                > > not parsing it correctly.
                >

                > Now fixed in CVS.
                >

                > --
                > Chris Ryan           | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
                > cryan@P... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • merton_monk
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                  --- In pcgen@y..., cryan+yahoo@p... wrote:
                  > Quoting gsbingl <byngl@h...>:
                  >
                  > > The line that caused this to break was:
                  > >
                  > > ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
                  > > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead
                  > >
                  > > which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
                  > > "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"
                  > >
                  > > This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28
                  > >
                  > > PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
                  > > previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
                  > > %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per
                  day
                  > > for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.
                  >
                  > Damn. Sorry about that. That's what I get for not quite
                  > understanding that area of code and attempting a quick fix.

                  To be fair - it was my checkin on jan 28 that broke it. I thought
                  for sure I had tested clerics. My code had the assumption that it
                  would be always be in the form of ADD:label(some stuff)n but this has
                  some text after the last ).

                  > > This is now fixed in CVS.
                  >
                  > Thanks.

                  My thanks too! I think I'll focus on bugs for this next week to
                  clear as many out as possible before getting back to GUI stuff.

                  -Bryan

                  > Chris
                • merton_monk
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002