[BUG] 2.4.2 Clerics

  • loyalparsons
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
      Try to make one. The first level you add will not show up. Only
      level 2 and higher. There is no pop-up to select Turn Undead/Rebuke
      Undead or anything. Something ain't kosher. :)
    • Mynex
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
        Confirmed. The 1st level of cleric does not show up. This only happens
        with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).

        Mynex

        - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
        - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
        - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

        Try to make one.  The first level you add will not show up.  Only
        level 2 and higher.  There is no pop-up to select Turn Undead/Rebuke
        Undead or anything.  Something ain't kosher.   :)

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Chris Ryan
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
          Mynex wrote:

          > Confirmed. The 1st level of cleric does not show up. This only happens
          > with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).

          The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken. I think it's

          trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
          not parsing it correctly.

          --
          Chris Ryan | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
          cryan@... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
            Chris Ryan wrote:

            > Mynex wrote:
            >

            >>Confirmed. The 1st level of cleric does not show up. This only happens
            >>with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).
            >>

            > The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken. I think it's
            >
            > trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
            > not parsing it correctly.

            Now fixed in CVS.

            --
            Chris Ryan | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
            cryan@... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/
          • gsbingl
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1 12:14 AM
              The line that caused this to break was:

              ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
              Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead

              which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
              "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"

              This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28

              PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
              previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
              %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
              for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

              This is now fixed in CVS.

              Byngl

            • cryan+yahoo@pisoftware.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1 1:44 AM
                Quoting gsbingl <byngl@...>:

                > The line that caused this to break was:
                >
                > ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
                > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead
                >
                > which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
                > "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"
                >
                > This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28
                >
                > PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
                > previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
                > %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
                > for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

                Damn. Sorry about that. That's what I get for not quite
                understanding that area of code and attempting a quick fix.

                > This is now fixed in CVS.

                Thanks.

                Chris
              • Mynex

                  ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
                  Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead

                  which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
                  "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"

                  This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28

                  PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
                  previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
                  %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per day
                  for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.

                  This is now fixed in CVS.

                  Byngl

                  --- In pcgen@y..., Chris Ryan <cryan+yahoo@p...> wrote:

                  > Chris Ryan wrote:
                  >

                  > > Mynex wrote:
                  > >

                  > >>Confirmed.  The 1st level of cleric does not show up.  This only
                  happens
                  > >>with the cleric (only tested the base classes though).
                  > >>

                  > > The chooser for selecting turn/rebuke undead is broken.  I think
                  it's

                  > > trying to determine how many selections there will be, but it's
                  > > not parsing it correctly.
                  >

                  > Now fixed in CVS.
                  >

                  > --
                  > Chris Ryan           | BH: http://www.PIsoftware.com/
                  > cryan@P... | AH: http://storm-wolves.PIsoftware.com/

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • merton_monk
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1 7:01 AM
                    --- In pcgen@y..., cryan+yahoo@p... wrote:
                    > Quoting gsbingl <byngl@h...>:
                    >
                    > > The line that caused this to break was:
                    > >
                    > > ADD:SPECIAL(Rebuke Undead<PREALIGN:1,2,4,5,7,8>,Turn
                    > > Undead<PREALIGN:0,1,3,4,6,7>) %/day~Turn Undead
                    > >
                    > > which used to generate either "Rebuke Undead %/day|Turn Undead" or
                    > > "Turn Undead %/day|Turn Undead"
                    > >
                    > > This was broken by the ADD:label(list)n code added Jan 28
                    > >
                    > > PCGen was trying to convert " %" to an integer and bombing. The
                    > > previous fix, while getting around the exception caused the
                    > > %/day~Turn Undead to be ignored and thus the number of times per
                    day
                    > > for Turn/Rebuke dead would not show up in Abilities.
                    >
                    > Damn. Sorry about that. That's what I get for not quite
                    > understanding that area of code and attempting a quick fix.

                    To be fair - it was my checkin on jan 28 that broke it. I thought
                    for sure I had tested clerics. My code had the assumption that it
                    would be always be in the form of ADD:label(some stuff)n but this has
                    some text after the last ).

                    > > This is now fixed in CVS.
                    >
                    > Thanks.

                    My thanks too! I think I'll focus on bugs for this next week to
                    clear as many out as possible before getting back to GUI stuff.

                    -Bryan

                    > Chris
                  • merton_monk
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 1 7:27 AM