RE: [pcgen] OK, can someone tell me how to do this right?

  • Mynex
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
      Don't use the | separator.

      ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1

      That should work.

      Mynex

      - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
      - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
      - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
        > Don't use the | separator.

        > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1

        > That should work.

        Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. :(
        Every time I try to buy the feat, PCGen simply fails to give it to me, with
        no error or anything. It simply won't allow me to buy it, even though it
        shows me as qualified for it.

        If anyone could look over the feats and see if they notice what I'm doing
        wrong, I'd appreciate it. I've attached the lst file. Thanks in advance
        for any help anyone is willing to give.

        - Z a c h
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
          Would CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=x work?

          --- In pcgen@y..., "Zach" <zachslists@y...> wrote:
          > > Don't use the | separator.
          >
          > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1
          >
          > > That should work.
          >
          > Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for
          me. :(
          > Every time I try to buy the feat, PCGen simply fails to give it to
          me, with
          > no error or anything. It simply won't allow me to buy it, even
          though it
          > shows me as qualified for it.
          >
          > If anyone could look over the feats and see if they notice what I'm
          doing
          > wrong, I'd appreciate it. I've attached the lst file. Thanks in
          advance
          > for any help anyone is willing to give.
          >

          > - Z a c h
        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
            Are you doing this in a class file? ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter) seems to
            be working just fine for Fighter. If you're doing this in a feat
            file, then ADD: does not exist and you need to use the CHOOSE: tag.

            btw- you can send attached files here. They get truncated. You can
            always upload them to the "Need Help With Files" folder here.

            -Bryan

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Zach" <zachslists@y...> wrote:
            > > Don't use the | separator.
            >
            > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1
            >
            > > That should work.

          • zachslists
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
              --- In pcgen@y..., "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
              > Would CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=x work?

              Nope, I tried that. If you do that, you get a popup
              with two choices: FEAT and Type=x. It is an improvement
              over ADD:Feat(Type=x)1 however, in that it actually allows
              me to selcect the feat instead of just failing to give it
              to me altogether. :)
            • zachslists
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                > Are you doing this in a class file? ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter) seems
                > be working just fine for Fighter. If you're doing this in a feat
                > file, then ADD: does not exist and you need to use the CHOOSE: tag.

                That would be a problem, then, as I was trying to do it in a feat
                file. Another person suggested using CHOOSE as well, and I followed
                his advice, and changed it to CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx However, that
                doesn't seem to work either. It lets me selelct the feat, but the
                choices I get are "FEAT" and "Type=xxx", not the actual feats that
                have xxx as their type. I've uploaded the files to the need help
                with file section, if anyone wants to give it a look-see. You should
                just be able to drop the folder into your data file. It's called
                Planescape.zip

                Again, thanks for your help.

                - Z a c h
              • merton_monk
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                  I think someone mentioned CHOOSE:FEAT not working properly in the
                  feat files. CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx is the right way to do it - the
                  fact that it doesn't work means it's a bug. Could you make a quick
                  look through our bug list at sourceforge, and if this hasn't been
                  entered, go ahead and add it? This is one that should be fairly easy
                  to fix.

                  -Bryan

                  --- In pcgen@y..., "zachslists" <zachslists@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
                  > > Are you doing this in a class file? ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter) seems
                  > > be working just fine for Fighter. If you're doing this in a feat
                  > > file, then ADD: does not exist and you need to use the CHOOSE:
                  tag.

                  > That would be a problem, then, as I was trying to do it in a feat
                  > file. Another person suggested using CHOOSE as well, and I
                  followed
                  > his advice, and changed it to CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx However, that
                  > doesn't seem to work either. It lets me selelct the feat, but the
                  > choices I get are "FEAT" and "Type=xxx", not the actual feats that
                  > have xxx as their type. I've uploaded the files to the need help
                  > with file section, if anyone wants to give it a look-see. You
                  should
                  > just be able to drop the folder into your data file. It's called
                  > Planescape.zip
                  >
                  > Again, thanks for your help.
                  >

                  > - Z a c h
                • zachslists
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                    > I think someone mentioned CHOOSE:FEAT not working properly in the
                    > feat files. CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx is the right way to do it - the
                    > fact that it doesn't work means it's a bug. Could you make a quick
                    > look through our bug list at sourceforge, and if this hasn't been
                    > entered, go ahead and add it? This is one that should be fairly
                    easy
                    > to fix.

                    OK. I submited the bug.

                    - Z a c h