OK, can someone tell me how to do this right?

  • Zach
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
      OK, I'm trying to get Feat A to give you a choice between Feats B, C, and D.
      The way I tried was to make Feats B, C, and D of type X. Then, for feat A,
      I put

      ADD:FEAT(TYPE="X")|1

      This, however, does not work. How *should* I be doing it?

      - Z a c h

    • Mynex
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2002
        Don't use the | separator.

        ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1

        That should work.

        Mynex

        - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
        - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
        - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

        OK, I'm trying to get Feat A to give you a choice between Feats B, C,
        and D.
        The way I tried was to make Feats B, C, and D of type X.  Then, for feat
        A,
        I put

        ADD:FEAT(TYPE="X")|1

        This, however, does not work.  How *should* I be doing it?

        - Z a c h

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Zach
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
          > Don't use the | separator.

          > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1

          > That should work.

          Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. :(
          Every time I try to buy the feat, PCGen simply fails to give it to me, with
          no error or anything. It simply won't allow me to buy it, even though it
          shows me as qualified for it.

          If anyone could look over the feats and see if they notice what I'm doing
          wrong, I'd appreciate it. I've attached the lst file. Thanks in advance
          for any help anyone is willing to give.

          - Z a c h
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
            Would CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=x work?

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Zach" <zachslists@y...> wrote:
            > > Don't use the | separator.
            >
            > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1
            >
            > > That should work.
            >
            > Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for
            me. :(
            > Every time I try to buy the feat, PCGen simply fails to give it to
            me, with
            > no error or anything. It simply won't allow me to buy it, even
            though it
            > shows me as qualified for it.
            >
            > If anyone could look over the feats and see if they notice what I'm
            doing
            > wrong, I'd appreciate it. I've attached the lst file. Thanks in
            advance
            > for any help anyone is willing to give.
            >

            > - Z a c h
          • merton_monk
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
              Are you doing this in a class file? ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter) seems to
              be working just fine for Fighter. If you're doing this in a feat
              file, then ADD: does not exist and you need to use the CHOOSE: tag.

              btw- you can send attached files here. They get truncated. You can
              always upload them to the "Need Help With Files" folder here.

              -Bryan

              --- In pcgen@y..., "Zach" <zachslists@y...> wrote:
              > > Don't use the | separator.
              >
              > > ADD:FEAT(TYPE=xxx)1
              >
              > > That should work.

            • zachslists
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                --- In pcgen@y..., "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
                > Would CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=x work?

                Nope, I tried that. If you do that, you get a popup
                with two choices: FEAT and Type=x. It is an improvement
                over ADD:Feat(Type=x)1 however, in that it actually allows
                me to selcect the feat instead of just failing to give it
                to me altogether. :)
              • zachslists
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                  > Are you doing this in a class file? ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter) seems
                  > be working just fine for Fighter. If you're doing this in a feat
                  > file, then ADD: does not exist and you need to use the CHOOSE: tag.

                  That would be a problem, then, as I was trying to do it in a feat
                  file. Another person suggested using CHOOSE as well, and I followed
                  his advice, and changed it to CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx However, that
                  doesn't seem to work either. It lets me selelct the feat, but the
                  choices I get are "FEAT" and "Type=xxx", not the actual feats that
                  have xxx as their type. I've uploaded the files to the need help
                  with file section, if anyone wants to give it a look-see. You should
                  just be able to drop the folder into your data file. It's called
                  Planescape.zip

                  Again, thanks for your help.

                  - Z a c h
                • merton_monk
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                    I think someone mentioned CHOOSE:FEAT not working properly in the
                    feat files. CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx is the right way to do it - the
                    fact that it doesn't work means it's a bug. Could you make a quick
                    look through our bug list at sourceforge, and if this hasn't been
                    entered, go ahead and add it? This is one that should be fairly easy
                    to fix.

                    -Bryan

                    --- In pcgen@y..., "zachslists" <zachslists@y...> wrote:
                    > --- In pcgen@y..., "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
                    > > Are you doing this in a class file? ADD:FEAT(TYPE=Fighter) seems
                    > > be working just fine for Fighter. If you're doing this in a feat
                    > > file, then ADD: does not exist and you need to use the CHOOSE:
                    tag.

                    > That would be a problem, then, as I was trying to do it in a feat
                    > file. Another person suggested using CHOOSE as well, and I
                    followed
                    > his advice, and changed it to CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx However, that
                    > doesn't seem to work either. It lets me selelct the feat, but the
                    > choices I get are "FEAT" and "Type=xxx", not the actual feats that
                    > have xxx as their type. I've uploaded the files to the need help
                    > with file section, if anyone wants to give it a look-see. You
                    should
                    > just be able to drop the folder into your data file. It's called
                    > Planescape.zip
                    >
                    > Again, thanks for your help.
                    >

                    > - Z a c h
                  • zachslists
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 1, 2002
                      > I think someone mentioned CHOOSE:FEAT not working properly in the
                      > feat files. CHOOSE:FEAT|TYPE=xxx is the right way to do it - the
                      > fact that it doesn't work means it's a bug. Could you make a quick
                      > look through our bug list at sourceforge, and if this hasn't been
                      > entered, go ahead and add it? This is one that should be fairly
                      easy
                      > to fix.

                      OK. I submited the bug.

                      - Z a c h