Re: who put all the SPACES in the lst files?

  • gsbingl
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 31, 2002
      I've removed the spaces in mythicracesraces.lst
      For the Artathi, it has been replaced with "by template". This will
      cause this text to show on the csheet with FAVOREDLIST but I don't
      see this as a problem as before the space was showing up so you got "
      , class_name" as the output.

      For the Coivald, replaced by CHOOSE:Cleric|Druid which is what the
      Coivald Class feat was doing. This required a code change to support.

      Byngl

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Mynex" <mynex3@h...> wrote:

      > Well according to his (Arcady's) notes, the space is required for
      racial
      > specific feats that assign a favored class.
      >
      > I've tried them on several occasions, and they work as they are...
      >
      > So I think adding that .Trim code would probably break these files
      and
      > any like them. Maybe have it run on everything but race files for
      now?
      > Or just run it right before release?
      >
      > Mynex
      >
      > - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
      > - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
      > - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

    • lonejedi70
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 31, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "gsbingl" <byngl@h...> wrote:
        > I've removed the spaces in mythicracesraces.lst
        > For the Artathi, it has been replaced with "by template". This will
        > cause this text to show on the csheet with FAVOREDLIST but I don't
        > see this as a problem as before the space was showing up so you
        got "
        > , class_name" as the output.
        >
        > For the Coivald, replaced by CHOOSE:Cleric|Druid which is what the
        > Coivald Class feat was doing. This required a code change to
        support.

        > Byngl

        Strangely enough, I had made the exact same (almost) code changes at
        the exact same time... but went to check it in about 5 minutes after
        you had :P The only difference was I didn't bother with the CHOOSE:
        part of the tag. But it was fun to see that a couple of us were
        diving in at the same time to fix a problem that had come up :)

        -Lone Jedi
        (Jason)
      • gsbingl
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 31, 2002
          Ahh, but you only thought it was your idea!
          Must...tone...down...my...thoughts...World...not...yet...ripe...for...

          (reaches for lead-lined helmet)

          :)

          Byngl

          --- In pcgen@y..., "lonejedi70" <lonejedi70@h...> wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@y..., "gsbingl" <byngl@h...> wrote:
          > > I've removed the spaces in mythicracesraces.lst
          > > For the Artathi, it has been replaced with "by template". This
          will
          > > cause this text to show on the csheet with FAVOREDLIST but I
          don't
          > > see this as a problem as before the space was showing up so you
          > got "
          > > , class_name" as the output.
          > >
          > > For the Coivald, replaced by CHOOSE:Cleric|Druid which is what
          the
          > > Coivald Class feat was doing. This required a code change to
          > support.
          > >
          > > Byngl
          >
          > Strangely enough, I had made the exact same (almost) code changes
          at
          > the exact same time... but went to check it in about 5 minutes
          after
          > you had :P The only difference was I didn't bother with the
          CHOOSE:
          > part of the tag. But it was fun to see that a couple of us were
          > diving in at the same time to fix a problem that had come up :)
          >
          > -Lone Jedi
          > (Jason)
        • lonejedi70
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 31, 2002
            And I thought Mynex was the only one who transmitted PCGen code
            thoughts into my head... :P

            -Lone Jedi
            (Jason)

            --- In pcgen@y..., "gsbingl" <byngl@h...> wrote:
            > Ahh, but you only thought it was your idea!

            Must...tone...down...my...thoughts...World...not...yet...ripe...for...

            > (reaches for lead-lined helmet)
            >
            > :)
            >
            > Byngl
          • Mynex
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 31, 2002
              YEA!! Get out of his head! No using it for a gateway to Mine! That's
              not allowed!!!!
              (Besides, other than coding stuff, not much to see in there ;p)

              Get's out the hot rivet gun to attach that lead lined helmut to Byngl*

              Mynex

              - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
              - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
              - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

              And I thought Mynex was the only one who transmitted PCGen code
              thoughts into my head... :P

              -Lone Jedi
              (Jason)

              --- In pcgen@y..., "gsbingl" <byngl@h...> wrote:
              > Ahh, but you only thought it was your idea!

              Must...tone...down...my...thoughts...World...not...yet...ripe...for...

              > (reaches for lead-lined helmet)
              >
              > :)
              >
              > Byngl

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor