0-level Paladin spells?

  • Michael Tucker
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
      This may be more a rules question than a PCGen question, but I've noticed
      that PCGen does not allocate any 0-level spells for Paladins. 0-level spells
      are defined, and Clerics get them, but not Paladins. Why is that?

      Michael
    • Benjamin Pew
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
        Because 0 level spells are not defined for paladins. Their spell list goes
        from 1st to 4th level, and they have no zero level spell slots in the chart.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002

          Because Paladins don't get 0-level spells, per the Players Handbook.
          Paladins only get spells of levels 1 through 4.

          --
          Jerry
        • Bruce Harlick
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
            According to page 42 of the PHB, Paladins don't get 0-level spells.

            Bruce
            ----------
            Bruce Harlick
            Freelance Writer, Editor, Game Designer
            ICQ #4166560

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
              Well yes, it is a rules question, but regardless, Paladins have no zero
              level spells. Per the Players handbook they get spells from 1st - 4th
              level only

              Mynex

              - #1 Evil assistant to the PCGen Code Monkey (Code Badgerer)
              - PCGen Document & List File Silverback
              - RPG Gateway - Character Generator Software Editor

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
                Michael Tucker wrote on Thu Jan 31 11:19:40 2002:

                > This may be more a rules question than a PCGen question, but I've noticed
                > that PCGen does not allocate any 0-level spells for Paladins. 0-level spells
                > are defined, and Clerics get them, but not Paladins. Why is that?

                Because paladins and rangers, IIRC, don't get 0-level spells (check the
                class tables; they show no 0-level slots). No book here, but IIRC only
                cleric, druid, sorcerer, and wizard classes have 0-level spell slots in
                the PHB.

                Keith
                --
                Keith Davies
                kjdavies@...

                Logan: "I don't think it's a good idea."
                Raven: "The vote is three to one against you -- me, the crystal ball,
                and the little voices in your head."
              • Franco, Matthew E
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
                  it's in the PHB under the Paladin's spells. The same thing happens to
                  Rangers

                  -Matt

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
                    <smacks forehead> D'oh! I knew that. Thanks, everyone, for your replies.

                    <eyeing the mini-hailstorm of responses> I feel like I was at an SCA event
                    and yelled across the list field, "Hey! Does anyone have any duct tape?"

                    ;-)

                    Michael