Item problem

  • zodar6
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2002
      I have this really weird item I have to code and I'd like to hear
      your opinions on how to do it.

      The item in question is a sword (long) that gains additional powers
      as the class level of it's wielder rises.
      At level 5-6 it is considered +3, holy and functions as a holy
      symbol, at level 7 it gains flaming burst (but is not a flaming
      weapon!) and spell resistance 10 + class level in a 15' radius, at
      level 8-9 it's considered +4 and gains dispel magic and can be
      summoned 1/day, at level 10 it's considered +5, lawful and smite evil
      is considered a touch attack.

      Mean sword, huh :)
      Now I was thinking that I'd probably have to make a separate entry
      for each level and just add the additional powers. Or is there a
      different way?

      Mike "Hammer" Sledge
    • Mark Hulsman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2002
        > Mean sword, huh :)
        > Now I was thinking that I'd probably have to make a separate entry
        > for each level and just add the additional powers. Or is there a
        > different way?

        Nope, thats the only way to do it, but at least its easy with the customise
        button.
      • Piers
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
          I've got the Mithril Knight detailed in a standalone set of LST files if you
          want it. Haven't done the sword though.

          Piers

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
            Please do upload it to @/inwork projects/scarred lands.
            I solved the problem with the sword by using an eqmodifier.lst file,
            which should give the option to customize a regular longsword at each
            level.

            Mike "Hammer" Sledge

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/