Missing info in FR

  • ortheri
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2002
      There is no Shade template in the Forgotten Realms lists. Was this
      just missed or is it waiting for a freq of somesort.

      Mario
    • Arcady
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2002
        Sounds like a miss. Got a book and page number for it?

      • Ethaisias
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 25, 2002
          Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, page 314.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2002
            Forgotten Realms Core, pg. 314

            --- In pcgen@y..., "Arcady" <arcady0@y...> wrote:
            > Sounds like a miss. Got a book and page number for it?

          • Brian Yap
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 31, 2002
              I am working on this. The template is written, but not tested. I was
              planning on doing this tomorrow. The current additional files for the
              monsters section is in
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/files/Campaign%2BCentral/Inwork%20Projects/
              and is called reamsfiles.zip. These is also a file called
              frtemplate.lst. I will be merging this into my work (also tomorrow).

              To use the files download them into your data directory under your

              PC
              GEN\data\wotc\sourcebooks\dungeonsanddragons\forgottenrealms\forgottenrealms

              directory.

              I''ll issue one of those new file emails when I upload the new version.

              To create the shade I have made two templates. One for the daylight
              shade, and one for the dark shade. I saw an email elsewhere stating that
              there may be a problem with continually adding and removing templates.
              The idea is that you add the day template, and then print the character.
              Then remove the day template and add the night template and do a second
              print. The alternative is to add a lot of code. I'll baulk at a task
              that big for the moment.

              --
              =====
              Brian Yap
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2002
                I think handling it with 2 shade templates is a good idea. At least
                until we can get situational modifiers working.

                -Bryan