Working on a new CSheet - Question

  • nezzir@home.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2002
      I had an idea for a new sheet. Looking at the wonderful compression
      technique in the ROG Compact sheet, I thought about a sheet that could be
      printed and then folded in quarters to make a mini booklet. I started on
      it and I've made some good progress, then I stumbled on the
      formatting. I'm having problems figuring out how to constrain the four
      fields to a specific size when printing. Does anyone know how to format a
      table so that it will take up exactly 1/4 of a printed sheet? I thought
      about using frames, I don't think that will work... I'm sure it's
      something simple I'm just not thinking of. Any help would be appreciated.

      NezziR
    • backlash_de
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2002
        --- In pcgen@y..., "nezzir@h..." <nezzir@h...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know how to format a
        > table so that it will take up exactly 1/4 of a printed sheet?
        I'm not sure if that's possible at all in HTML, since HTML knows
        nothing of paper size.
        Did you try
        You'll have to play with xxx!

        Another possibility would be to use PDF-export.
        If you do a XSL-FO stylesheet, you'll have to specify paper size and
        you'll be able to specify page breaks and table cell-sizes in inch or
        milimeter or whatever ...
        For an example, you can look at csheetTBE_classic.fo or psheetTBE_*.fo
        in the upcoming release.
        Another advantage would be, that pcgen will be able to print those
        templates -- you won't need to load your csheet in a browser first.

        Kinson
      • bulldozer3ca
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2002
          --- In pcgen@y..., "backlash_de" <ravenlock@g...> wrote:
          > You'll have to play with xxx!

          Well, the xxx should be 50% also.
          If you also put height="100%" in the table declaration, it will cover
          all the page, even if the fields are empty.
          (On mine, I had to put 98% because of the border, I think...)

          Bulldozer
        • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2002
            Message
            Worth looking into is the textoverflow style in dhtml

            It allows you to constrain long fields to still fit in your 1/4 page fields.

            -oROGutang